1.    #1  
    I am currently using Agendus Pro 7. It has its own memo, todo, calender...etc, etc. I am looking for an application that intergrates with the built in apps installed on the Treo 600 and not something that works independently of it. Can anyone out there provide me with a direction for my search?

Dont get me wrong, Agendus is nice; but its bloated.

I inadvertantly posted this in the hardware forum; upon realizing my error, I attempted to delete the post; it wouldnt delete.

So if anyone sees it posted there, accept my apologies here first. Maybe a Mod can remove it.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    i responded to your post in the other forum - check it out....
  3.    #3  
    nrosser
    your post is strange, o pink text writer user. Agendus sits on top of the existing databases, and is not independent, as you claim. Agendus, DateBk5, and there are many others like them, all are a layer ON TOP OF the built in databases, and add functionality like different views/icons, etc, along with sometimes linking the apps together, like how Agendus allows you to correlate meetings with people. But - these kinds of apps integrate WITH the built in databases, and are definitely not independent of them. It may LOOK like Agendus has its own memo, to-do, calendar, etc, but in reality, you're just seeing their shell app on top of the core Palm databases.

If you look at the Iambic website, they clearly spell this out.

So - back to your original question - you want an app that integrates WITH the built-in databases. Well, Agendus/DateBk5, et al - do that, but they are indeed sizable in terms of memory and such. I guess the real question should be - what do you want your desired app to DELIVER to you, in terms of functionality? Answer that question, and then we can work on nailing down a direction for your search.
    If this is the case, then lets take the 5-way pad, if I push down (for contacts), I dont get the contacts as they would look while using Agendus; I get them as they would look without.

Same thing if I go home and click on Calender; it does not bring up the Calendar as it is used within Agendus but the same boring calendar thats builts in. This is what I mean by intergration and working independently.

My mind tells me that if I hit the home key, todo, memo, calendar...should automatically pull up agendus; it doesnt. In order for me to use any of these things inside agendus, I must pull up Agendus first.

If I use the home key and click on Calendar, why am I using the built in calendar instead of seeing the one built into Agendus? I Hope we're on the same page here.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Originally posted by scandalex
    nrosser

If this is the case, then lets take the 5-way pad, if I push down (for contacts), I dont get the contacts as they would look while using Agendus; I get them as they would look without.

Same thing if I go home and click on Calender; it does not bring up the Calendar as it is used within Agendus but the same boring calendar thats builts in. This is what I mean by intergration and working independently.

My mind tells me that if I hit the home key, todo, memo, calendar...should automatically pull up agendus; it doesnt. In order for me to use any of these things inside agendus, I must pull up Agendus first.

If I use the home key and click on Calendar, why am I using the built in calendar instead of seeing the one built into Agendus? I Hope we're on the same page here.
    You can customize the 5-way pad apps, for example, assign the the default "contacts" button to Agendus. Inside Agendus, you can setup in preference and change the "default" view within Agendus

Aloha
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    Pink writer, you said:
    (and what's up with that color selection? it gives me head pain to look at - yikes)

If I use the home key and click on Calendar, why am I using the built in calendar instead of seeing the one built into Agendus? I Hope we're on the same page here
    Well, you're confusing the look and feel of the built-in apps, with the look and feel of Agendus. If you hit 'Calendar' (which is the built in, plain jane calendar), you will go to that app, and not Agendus - just like you said. But, as AlohaDan indicated, you can map the 'Calendar' hard button - the one to the left of the NavPad - to go to Agendus directly, and then you can also select which views (calendar, contacts, etc) you can scroll to once you're in Agendus, by mashing the hard button.

So your point to me is one based on navigation - you want to hit ToDo, Memo, whatever, and go to that function within Agendus - you can <sort of> do that - from within Agendus, you can assign the hard buttons to map to Agendus.

My original point still stands, though - Agendus uses the built-in databases as the underlying data source. Agendus just gives different look and feel and more views, icons, etc, to the built in databases.
    You may not be able to get what you want, as you're defining integration as being able to hit Calendar from the application launcher and then to go to some other app. That'll never happen. You have to launch some other app, to get a different view of the calendar.
  6.    #6  
    Passing you some Tylenol for the head pains! Anyway, I will have to check out what you are saying just as soon as I get home. Thanks for responding so quickly
    Last edited by scandalex; 02/19/2004 at 05:01 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Originally posted by scandalex
    [color=deeppink]Passing you some Tylenol for the head pains! Anyway, I will have to check out what you are saying just as soon as I get home. Thanks for responding so quickly/color]
    Your tags are showing, sister.
  8.    #8  
    Minor mistake.
    ~ ScandaLous ~