1.    #1  
    I searched but couldn't find the answer...

Did Handspring get rid of the Expense program that used to ship with most Palm devices? If so, is it downloadable somewhere?

I need a simple expense tracking program and that one they used to include fit the bill quite nicely...

- Jon
    Originally posted by jbauer
    I searched but couldn't find the answer...

Did Handspring get rid of the Expense program that used to ship with most Palm devices? If so, is it downloadable somewhere?

I need a simple expense tracking program and that one they used to include fit the bill quite nicely...

- Jon
    Don't you like SplashMoney - it came with your Handspring CD. It installed to your Treo when you first Hotsynced. The old Expense app is finito.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Actually, I downloaded SplashMoney and tried it. It's really not what I'm looking for.

I just need something to track my expenses for a business trip. The old expense program did this very easily. Anyone know if I can download that program somewhere?

- Jon
    Originally posted by ChemEngr

Don't you like SplashMoney - it came with your Handspring CD. It installed to your Treo when you first Hotsynced. The old Expense app is finito.
    Old Expense app is not exactly "finito." I have installed it on my t600, workes fine, except since PalmOS 4 they no longer support the user-definable macros to use custom expense report templates.

Jbauer, send me a pm. Or try contacting HS/P1 support. I think that's where I got the app from.
    ExpenseRex v 1.1 from Rex Software - Freeware!

rex_info@comcast.net
    Bob
    what I meant was the old Expense app is no longer native for the Treo. You could always extract the app from an old Palm OS using FileZ and install it on your Treo and see if it still works - there's no reason it wouldn't. Good luck.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #7  
    Mail bounces to rex_info@comcast.net...

I sent thudson a note with my private email address. If you see this, I'd be very appreciative if you could send me the (now defunct) expense program...

- Thanx
    - Jon
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    what I meant was the old Expense app is no longer native for the Treo. You could always extract the app from an old Palm OS using FileZ and install it on your Treo and see if it still works - there's no reason it wouldn't. Good luck.
    True, that, ChemEngr. I was not trying to flame you. Very good point for anyone with an old Palm OS unit lying around.
  9.    #9  
    Just tried to do it - transfer the expense program from an old Palm...

No dice. Couldn't find the file on the old Palm... Unless it's not called Expense*...

- Jon

I sent thudson a note with my private email address. If you see this, I'd be very appreciative if you could send me the (now defunct) expense program...

- Thanx
    - Jon
    Jon,

Just sent it to you. You may reply to my email if you need some help getting it to work.

Tim
    I miss the old OE expence app too. I tried to copy it from my Visor Pro and it launches with my treo600, but if I try to make a new entry, it crashes. Any ideas?
    THX
    Just tried to do it - transfer the expense program from an old Palm...

No dice. Couldn't find the file on the old Palm... Unless it's not called Expense*...

- Jon
    Ok, I fired up my beloved (but forgotten) Treo300, used FileZ to beam the Expense app (shows up in ROM) to my Treo600. For anyone interested, the app is attached. Crashes my 600.
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 10/28/2004 at 04:20 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Tim sent me a copy of the expense app he got from Handspring. Works like a champ!

Thanks Tim!

- Jon
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    What about the desktop app for exporting to Excel? Is that included in the prc?
    Is there a link or location to get this Expense file? I too liked this simple program and the above attached file also crashes my 600. Thanks.
    Expense Ez is similar to the old Expense App but I doubt you can use the old macros. It is $9 and very tiny - 20K or so. You can export to CSV format for whatever.