1. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    has anyone successfully used the movian VPN client with a treo600? on the certicom product page for movian, it only lists the older treo models, not the 600.

i have installed the software on my 600, configured it, and successfully connected to my employer's VPN gateway. the status
    screen shows that it assigned an internal IP address, a DNS server, etc. but in
    spite of this, nothing works.

i wasn't able to ping by IP address, wasn't able to do DNS queries, wasn't able to make an SSH or an FTP connection, etc.

could this be a treo600 hardware issue?? seems unlikely given that the IKE IPSec session negotiation worked and a connection was established.

thoughts/comments/related experiences?
    I e-mailed Certicom about this. Movian VPN does not currently support the Treo 600. They said they are working on a version that does. Of course that was 2 months ago.

Hooman
  3. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    it does support the tungsten C palm OS 5 device, but not the treo600 (yet). you are right. the certicom sales guy said they had received about 100 phone calls from people asking about the 600, so it seems like it will get done. but no dates.