1.    #1  
    is it possible (via some hack etc.) to take my sprint t6 with me if i port my number over to AT&T etc.?
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    is it possible (via some hack etc.) to take my sprint t6 with me if i port my number over to AT&T etc.?
    Afraid not.
    CDMA is a completely different protocol than GSM.
  4.    #4  
    so basically the plan would be sell sprint version on eBay then buy a new AT&T/Cingulair (now that they are one company) one?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The Sprint model has been made to work on Verizon, but cannot be used on T-Mobile, AT&T, or Cingular.
    Search the forums for more information.
    Rusty J
    600GSM/270/90
    TT3
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The Sprint model has been made to work on Verizon, but cannot be used on T-Mobile, AT&T, or Cingular.
    Search the forums for more information.
    Rusty J
    600GSM/270/90
    TT3
    Hey RustyJ, when did you develop the stutter?
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    so basically the plan would be sell sprint version on eBay then buy a new AT&T/Cingulair (now that they are one company) one?
    That's correct. You'd need a comletely new Treo (a GSM version) if you wanted to switch your wireless carrier to AT&T.

Selling the Sprint version on Ebay would help you finance the cost of the GSM version.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Sorry, posted from my T600.
    Didn't get a confirmation from TC so I re-sent the post. Even went to the full-up version of TC to try to delete the dupe post, but it wouldn't let me. (sigh).
    I'll try to take it down when I get home and can use my laptop.
    Rusty J
    Administrative Administrator, Department of Redundancy Department.
    600GSM/270/90
    this is the sole reason that i didn't choose the sprint version of the treo 600.

i don't want to be stuck with a specific carrier. this is a expensive piece of hardware and i want my money to go where it will be utilized most efficiently. (was that grammatically correct?)

i love the gsm model of wireless because it gives you choice.

you could buy a gsm treo, move to london and still be able to use your phone with a local carrier.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com