Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
       #1  
    Why arenít there many Treo 600 units available? If you look at sites like Pricegrabber, it seems that almost nobody has any stock, and resellers like Sparco are quoting availability times around April! Also, the price has gone UP from around $550 to over $600! Is this just a supply and demand issue?

    I would LIKE to believe that PalmOne has moved its manufacturing plant, and the Treo 600ís will be built to a slightly higher standard when they eventually arrive.

    Can nobody out there enlighten us to what is really happening?
  2. #2  
    Well, I don't know anything about online, but CDMA T600's are definitely in stock at our local CompUSA's for $299 (after rebates). I just picked up one for my wife and the shelf was full with probably more in the back.
  3. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
       #3  
    Yes, getting hold of the CDMA version seems to be no problem. The Handspring site quotes 1 week delivery for Sprint phones, but w/c 23 February for anything else. If Handspring haven't got them, it's a sure sign they are in short supply!

    As for price, well they are now selling for over $700 on eBay...
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by Stig
    Why arenít there many Treo 600 units available? If you look at sites like Pricegrabber, it seems that almost nobody has any stock, and resellers like Sparco are quoting availability times around April! Also, the price has gone UP from around $550 to over $600! Is this just a supply and demand issue?
    Handspring decided to only make phones to order. If a carrier/store wanted x numbers, x is all they made.

    If the carrier/store under ordered, they would have to order more and handspring would make more.

    Handspring didn't want to have a glut of inventory that they couldn't more (apparently this is what happened to the 270/300).

    As far as I know, Palm is continuing in this manner (make to order).
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
       #5  
    QUOTE]Originally posted by Felipe


    Handspring decided to only make phones to order. If a carrier/store wanted x numbers, x is all they made.

    Handspring didn't want to have a glut of inventory that they couldn't more (apparently this is what happened to the 270/300).
    [/QUOTE]

    Whilst I can understand that they don't want to over-produce, let's remember that this smartphone is a massive hit, with it appearing on lots of people's "top gadget" list. If PalmOne miss this initial popularity, they deserve to go bust!

    Also, the above does not explain why you can't even order one quickly off the PalmOne site! Surely they know how popular they are!

    My only hope is that they are ramping up production at a new site. Does anyone know where the other Palm devices are made?
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by SoCalVisor
    Well, I don't know anything about online, but CDMA T600's are definitely in stock at our local CompUSA's for $299 (after rebates). I just picked up one for my wife and the shelf was full with probably more in the back.
    In my area the CompUSA's only have a limited supply or none at all and there is no mail-in rebate - the phone goes for $599.

    I must be in a bad market.
  7. #7  
    We have the T-Mobile Treo 600s in stock and are giving a $100 discount for anyone activating on plans that are $39.99 and higher.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

    PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

    Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
  8. #8  
    I placed my order with BusFish 10 minutes ago. I was a bit dissapointed to see that after placing the order it said it would take 2-5 days to ship (I chose next day shipping precisely so I would get it on Friday). Looking more closely it basically says this on the main order page too (though it gives a different range), so this is my own fault for clicking too fast. I left a message with them tonight in the hope that they can ship tommorow.

    I'll be posting my experience with them here for others.
  9. #9  
    I placed my order with BusFish 10 minutes ago. I was a bit dissapointed to see that after placing the order it said it would take 2-5 days to ship (I chose next day shipping precisely so I would get it on Friday). Looking more closely it basically says this on the main order page too (though it gives a different range), so this is my own fault for clicking too fast. I left a message with them tonight in the hope that they can ship tommorow.
    We will process your order and ship the phone tomorrow. The 2-5 days to ship is generic language that all sites use to cover their tushes. If we do not have things in stock, or have the ability to ship, this gives us time to replenish. It is hard for small companies to keep thousands of dollars in inventory. Especially with cell phones.

    We have 5 in stock, ready to ship. If you have any problems, call us and we will explain in more detai.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

    PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

    Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by BusFish


    We will process your order and ship the phone tomorrow. The 2-5 days to ship is generic language that all sites use to cover their tushes. If we do not have things in stock, or have the ability to ship, this gives us time to replenish. It is hard for small companies to keep thousands of dollars in inventory. Especially with cell phones.

    We have 5 in stock, ready to ship. If you have any problems, call us and we will explain in more detai.
    You have 4 in stock I bought one... Very happy to hear that you will ship tommorow. I will call you guys in the morning just to confirm that everything is all set.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by rhyme


    You have 4 in stock I bought one... Very happy to hear that you will ship tommorow. I will call you guys in the morning just to confirm that everything is all set.

    No, we have 5 in stock before the one we will send to you!
    Not to be pendantic.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

    PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

    Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
  12. #12  
    Fair enough

    Talk to ya tommorow. Have a goodnight.
  13. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
       #13  
    I'd be interested to know how resellers for the phone companies get stock. Do you place your order with (for instance) T-Mobile, or are the units sent out from a PalmOne warehouse?
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by Stig
    I'd be interested to know how resellers for the phone companies get stock. Do you place your order with (for instance) T-Mobile, or are the units sent out from a PalmOne warehouse?
    Our main audience is selling to businesses. It is not uncommon to have procucts released to VAR channels before consumers in many industries.

    Our orders are placed to Master Dealers who manage the overall relationship with the carrier.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

    PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

    Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
  15. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
       #15  
    I keeping hearing about the upgrade offer for existing Treo owners, but I can't find it anywhere!

    I want to buy an unlocked Treo 600, and ship it to an address in Florida. Can I just buy one from PalmOne?
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by Stig
    I keeping hearing about the upgrade offer for existing Treo owners, but I can't find it anywhere!

    I want to buy an unlocked Treo 600, and ship it to an address in Florida. Can I just buy one from PalmOne?
    http://www.handspring.com/promos/tre...equestid=36194
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  17. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
       #17  
    Thanks Felipe, but somehow the URL you supplied became invisible!

    I found it at http://www.handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml?_requestid=38280
  18. #18  
    Amazon is now listing them as shipping within 24 hours. The Sprint version is $399 after rebates.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by BusFish
    We have the T-Mobile Treo 600s in stock and are giving a $100 discount for anyone activating on plans that are $39.99 and higher.
    Sorry if the tone of this post sounds skeptical, but why should I purchase the T600 through your site as a current t-mo customer when I can get it from the palmOne site for $399 with no new contract, no $75 service fee, and free shipping?
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft


    Sorry if the tone of this post sounds skeptical, but why should I purchase the T600 through your site as a current t-mo customer when I can get it from the palmOne site for $399 with no new contract, no $75 service fee, and free shipping?
    Good question:
    1. I am not Handspring, but an authorized T-Mobile dealer. I cannot re-price phones at will, they can.

    2. My cost is more than $500, so the only way I can make money on the sale is to charge a small fee to recoup costs. All-in-all I may make ~$30 on the phone.

    3. I will sell anyone a Treo 600 for $399 with activation of a 39.99 (or higher) rate plan. Since we receive commission on the rate plans.

    4. I HAVE THEM IN STOCK AND THEY SHIP IMMEDIATELY.

    Nuff said.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

    PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

    Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions