Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Originally posted by BusFish

My cost is more than $500, so the only way I can make money on the sale is to charge a small fee to recoup costs. All-in-all I may make ~$30 on the phone.
    I'm very interested to see how much your costs are! That may explain why resellers are now pricing unlocked 600's at over $600.
    We're a Handspring reseller too. We get our unlocked Treo 600's from Ingram Micro. They keep pushing the date back and have raised the dealer price to more than $600. That's why everyone is raising the prices. We've had our orders in since October so hopefully they will honor our original dealer price and we can still sell them for $599.95 (if they ever get them from Handspring/PalmOne).

Larry
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    We're a Handspring reseller too. We get our unlocked Treo 600's from Ingram Micro. They keep pushing the date back and have raised the dealer price to more than $600. That's why everyone is raising the prices. We've had our orders in since October so hopefully they will honor our original dealer price and we can still sell them for $599.95 (if they ever get them from Handspring/PalmOne).

Larry
    Once again, thanks for the interesting information.

So, is it just that PalmOne can't produce enough Treo 600's to meet demand, or it there something more sinister going on? Are they making it a priority to supply the phone carriers maybe?

BTW, http://www.treo600world.com is a great site!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12