1.    #1  
    Anyone order from Dan lately? I ordered an external battery from him the DAY it was posted on eBay... I sent him the Paypal payment the very same MINUTE it was completed... I have sent him 3 emails (with his requested information) to track shipment data as well as called him and left 2 messages... I have not received the product, a response to the emails or a call at this point and the last communication was 4 days ago...

anyone have any luck these last few days? It's odd, my prior orders were great!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I ordered the external battery from Dan on 2/05 and received it 6 business days later, 2/13.
    I too recently ordered the extended battery from Dans cell phones. This is actually the second time I have purchased from him. First time I bought a Treo 600 case, at first he sent me the wrong case and he seemed very eager to correct the problem. I returned the case and enclosed a letter describing exactly what I had purchased per his instructions. Two weeks later I had received no case and contacted him again via E-Mail. I received a generic response asking for me to resubmit my name and shipping info along with a description of the item I purchased.
    I had to repeat this process several times before I received the correct case.

By searching other threads on TreoCentral.com I saw that there were a lot of positive posts about Dans cell Phone Accessories so I decided this must be just a one time issue.

I purchased the extended battery from him on Friday Feb 17th, sent payment through payapal directly afterward. I hope I receive the battery promptly. Considering the Holiday weekend I am going to wait patiently until Monday Feb. 23rd. At which point if I have not received my battery then I will not consider using him again.

In his defense check his feedback on E-Bay, and do a search on here. He has a lot of very happy and satisfied customers.
    Hmm...I purchased 2 cradles on February 11 and have not heard anything from him. This is my first time buying from him. However, I've only read great things from him here. Hopefully is just a minor glitch.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I ordered the cradle, car charger, case bundle from it about 10 days ago. After 5 days and MANY unanswered emails, I called him and asked WTF.

He said he thought AOL had screwed up his email, so I sent him a test message right them. No reply on that either. If my order doesn't come this week as he promised it would, I'm going to take measures to get my money back.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I just ordered 2 docking cradles from him last week. If you used PayPal to pay for it with the free shipping offer, there was some kind of technical glitch where the payments actually didn't go thru. So check your PayPal account to see if this is the case. I finally resolved the issue with Dan via email and re-submitted my payments via PayPal. So far it's been a good experience with him. This is my 3rd order.
  7.    #7  
    Just got a return email from Dan... he had a family emergency last week and apologized for the delay... I feel like a heel but he said my order should arrive today...
    Ive ordered from dan on multiple occasions, and he's been nothing but great. If he's not up to speed, Im sure there is a good explanation.
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    Just got a return email from Dan... he had a family emergency last week and apologized for the delay... I feel like a heel but he said my order should arrive today...
    Yes. Mine arrived yesterday evening.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I had a little email discussion with Dan. He basically is operating a small home business. He does not actually return phone calls at all, I had sent him some nasty emails from the E-Bay site, and he eventually emailed me back. He was very upset that I accused him of making false claims to make him look bigger and better than he really is - like his late night customer service number that no one ever picks up.

Practically speaking, he did send me the stuff, and it was the same OEM stuff you will get from any internet shop. After you add on the shipping you still should save a little, but don't expect him ever to call you back, or answer an email in a timely matter. Just try doing what I did, and get nasty with him.

He seemed to be an okay guy with a sense of humor in the end. He will even tell you he isnít Barnes and Noble.

Items purchased: External Battery
    Docking Cradle
    Travel Charger
    Auto Charger
    Extra Headset
    WATCH OUT for is his advertisement for the Plantronics MX150 headset for the Treo 600. His sales ads claims that the MX150 is designed for the Treo 600, but if you go to the Plantronics web site, you will see that the correct Plantronics headset for the Treo is the MX153-1N. The MX1553-1N is specially designed to have the answer/end button that the Treo supports. This button is a must when using the device on the go. Here is the link to the MX153-1N on the Plantronics site:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...eId=cat1220039

Although the retail price for either headset is the same, Dan was unwilling to exchange it despite the false advertisement. I would have been happy if he had just been willing to sell me a MX153-1N at cost, and I'd just keep the MX150, but he said "his time was worth $200/hr" and ceased the email conversation.

I bought over $100 worth of stuff from him, and he still maintained a condescending attitude towards me. If my time wasn't worth $201/hr, I'd just send him back all the stuff and depute the charges with my credit card company. Instead, I just found another vendor, Computers All Service, selling the item cheaper than he does when you include shipping. Here's the link:

http://www.computersallservices.com/...art_num=222200

By the way, when you add on his shipping rates, you will still find better prices from reputable dealers. This guy will send you what you order, but again watch out for misleading statements in his ads. He has no working phone number and is quick to go on the offense when a complaint is registered.

I found a great vendor by the way for low cost quality Treo accessories - check it out. The are way better than Dan, and they have a great customer service team with a working phone number:

http://www.cellular-blowout.com/index.html
    (818) 889-1789
    I read these latest posts today, and I just made an order from Dan for several items yesterday. I ordered

2 cradles, 1 stereo adapter, 1 travel charger, and 1 car charger. Added it all up, and seems pretty fair deal for the price. I pointed out that had I bought this all seperate from him, I would be entitled to several "incentives" from his various EBay listings. I'll be curious to see if he send those to me as well (though I don't see myself using a radiation shield--do they even work?). Will update when I get the stuff.

Overall, I got a pretty quick response, and several e-mails back and forth, as well as acknolwedgement of my payment and shipping (tho no tracking info). I guess I had his attention, and was able to hold it for a bit. More to follow shortly.

Alex
    That is the problem with this guy. He is inconsistent. I think he makes a priority for new customers. When I first emailed everthing was fine until I encounter problems -- then he gives me attitude. He told me that I pissed him off because I told him it about the cost of the shipping (shipping cost $1.50 while he charged $10). I still haven't received my complete order as of Monday after about a month.

Still, I think I would do business with him again. I can overlook the bad customer service for a nice price.

Originally posted by awinsberg
    I read these latest posts today, and I just made an order from Dan for several items yesterday. I ordered

2 cradles, 1 stereo adapter, 1 travel charger, and 1 car charger. Added it all up, and seems pretty fair deal for the price. I pointed out that had I bought this all seperate from him, I would be entitled to several "incentives" from his various EBay listings. I'll be curious to see if he send those to me as well (though I don't see myself using a radiation shield--do they even work?). Will update when I get the stuff.

Overall, I got a pretty quick response, and several e-mails back and forth, as well as acknolwedgement of my payment and shipping (tho no tracking info). I guess I had his attention, and was able to hold it for a bit. More to follow shortly.

Alex
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I ordered from Dan once and had a horrible experience. I did receive my items quickly but when PayPal canceled my payment because of an expired credit card I ran in to problems. I immediately updated my credit card and repaid him. But for weeks after that he insisted that I had canceled my payment after receiving my product and was trying to cheat him. I kept calling PayPal and they insisted that Dan had been paid but he refused to believe me or call PayPal to confirm. I tried to work with him and all he did was threaten me and disparage me. Eventually he said he made a mistake and I stopped hearing from him. No appology. I will never order from him again.

Jason
    I ordered a Treo 600 keyboard from Dan about three weeks ago. Asked when it would arrive and got an email saying that "the software was out of stock, so delivery would be delayed..."

Asked for a refund and immediately got one.

No problems. Not a deadbeat. Seems to be a guy with stock/inventory problems and perhaps a need for decent customer tracking database.

It could be his suppliers though. Most of the stuff he's offering you can get from other sources on Ebay (the exact same stuff). And when he is out of stock, they too are generally out of stock...

Hey, maybe its all the same guy! ;-)
    "I see dead pixels..."
    I ordered a 3-pack of Stylii and Form Fit Case from him 2 weeks ago. The transaction went smoothly and I got my stuff a day earlier than I thought I would.
    I like the honesty about the BS customer service #1 blah-blah on his Ebay listings! I left him 2 voice mails on his "customer service" line. No return phone calls. First email unanswered. 2nd email answered same day with vague response on shipping status. I completed my purchase 12/17, he shipped 12/20 USP priority mail (not bad) and as of 12/29 it is still not here yet. In defense of Dan, USPS is not the most reliable during the holidays.

My only criticism so far is his unwillingness to communicate. Customer service my a$$! All expect is "say what you do, and do what you say". Sellers who do the opposite consistenly deserve to be slammed. Like they say customer service will sell the second time. In my case not with Dan!