1.    #1  
    Has anybody tried the Coolcat Adapter?

This was created for the 7135. I would like to have this or a similar splitter. I would use the headphone jack for an FM transmitter and connect a hidden microphone into the mic jack.

Anybody have another solution?
    I don't think that ones going to work. It's a 4 conductor plug and the Treo uses a 3 conductor connector. But this one:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=274-894

from Radio Shack works fine in conjuction with a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.
    Does that really work to split the microphone and headphone signal? It looks like it just splits everything. Also, I imagine I would need 3 additional adapters: one 3.5 to 2.5 to plug it into the Treo, one 2.5 to 3.5 for the microphone and another 2.5 to 3.5 for the FM transmitter. That just seems like a lot. There must be a simpler way (or do I have it wrong?).

I wrote to the manufacterer of the Coolcat. Everyone is custom made, so maybe they can make one with 3 conductors.
    Sorry, I read your post too quickly and didn't quite catch the microphone part. Nonetheless, I doubt that the Kyocera plug will work. I think, though, with some soldering and hacking you could make something to do what you want.

Of the three conductors in the Treo socket, one is used for ground, one for the mono earpiece, and one for the mic or other earpiece, depending on impedence. You could use a splitter like the radio shack one to plug one channel of the FM transmitter into the earpeice side, and the microphone into the other jack. But you'd need to figure out which connector is which (it's probably documented here in the forums somewhere), and build custom connectors.

Hmm, I just had another thought, while staring at the headset / mic that came with the Treo. You could possibly just cut the earpiece off the end of this cord and replace it with a 3.5mm socket to plug your FM transmitter into, and use the mic that's already built into the cord. Figure out which of the two conductors is signal and which is ground and connect the signal to both left and right channels of the socket to get sound out of both channels.

I got one of the free headsets that Sprint was giving away in exchange for an email address. I may just have to try something like that.
    Bob Meyer
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Hmm, I just had another thought, while staring at the headset / mic that came with the Treo. You could possibly just cut the earpiece off the end of this cord and replace it with a 3.5mm socket to plug your FM transmitter into, and use the mic that's already built into the cord. Figure out which of the two conductors is signal and which is ground and connect the signal to both left and right channels of the socket to get sound out of both channels.

I got one of the free headsets that Sprint was giving away in exchange for an email address. I may just have to try something like that.
    Bob, did you actually get to try this? I'm thinking of doing the same thing for in my car - too many people complaining that they can't hear me when use it with the FM transmitter but without a mic.
    No, haven't had time yet. And the next week looks awfully busy, so it may be a while before I get a chance to hack at it.
    Bob Meyer
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Bump...

Anyone ever try this?