Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From sunrise to dusk to nightfall. I took a series of shots to see how far it can go. Care to check?

http://www.geocities.com/manoftruegod/Treo600.html
    Nice pictures,
    but I see that your 600 also suffers from the picture corners getting dark (especially the top right corner).

My first 600 had it, and my brand new replacement unit has it.

/Christopher
    Originally posted by grenness
    Nice pictures,
    but I see that your 600 also suffers from the picture corners getting dark (especially the top right corner).

My first 600 had it, and my brand new replacement unit has it.

/Christopher
    Your pictures are wonderful. If I thought they would look this way on mine, I would actually start liking the damn thing. Did you use something to enhance your pictures, cus mine look nothing like this?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    It would be nice if your host allowed me to look at the pictures. I tried last night and again this morning and I always get:

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.
    You can increase the T600 resolution via a JPEG compression program called Qset (thanks BigH). Download the program to your harddrive, hotsync to the T600, and change the compression factor to 90 (65 is the default) The thread can be found here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=Qset.html

I can now use this device to take some pretty darn good pictures!! What a difference...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by keithmeyer
    You can increase the T600 resolution via a JPEG compression program called Qset (thanks BigH).
    Too bad it won't do anything with the darkened corners (as they appear pretty clear in the top right of your otherwise nice picture).

/Christopher
    Too bad it won't do anything with the darkened corners (as they appear pretty clear in the top right of your otherwise nice picture).
    Hmmmm....actually did not notice. I will play around a little more to see if I can improve the quality. The darkened corners really dont bother me that much...If I want a truly crisp image I can use my digital camera.
  8.    #8  
    I will try to post representative pics here. They weren't tampered with. They are straight from the camera. I would say that this camera is a daylight-like-only camera in terms of scene brightness.

I asked someone to take a photo of me using the camera under spotlight and it turned out well.
  9.    #9  
    This is the pic.
  10.    #10  
    This is from the web site that you can't access. Beach during sunrise.
  11.    #11  
    Detail of a boat.
  12.    #12  
    Detail of a Philippine jeepney.
  13.    #13  
    A sense of place.
    Checkout Wireless Doc's awesome Treo cam portfolio! Very nice pics Imo...!

http://www.wireless-doc.com/treoportfolio.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by ManofTrueGod
    I took a series of shots to see how far it can go. Care to check?

http://www.geocities.com/manoftruegod/Treo600.html
    MTG: I really like your presentation, and it goes to show that when you take smartphone photog from the one-shot-here-it-is level (ala TextAmerica) and assemble the images in a workable arrangement, you get a pleasing result. But I also think each individual image you have works on its own.

I don't know why people want to emphasize the flaws, e.g. the darkening at the corners which I assume to be inadequate lens coverage. (For me, the most objectionable one is the magenta color shift in the center of the field, which turns to green on the edges. I can go on TextAmerica and immediately pick out the Treo 600 images based on this. The workaround is to shoot very saturated color subjects, and if you have an image which is mostly greys anyway, you can convert the image to grey scale.) All I can say is that it's a fun camera that you always have with you.

People are confusing personal photography ("artistic" some would say) with commercial photography which you CAN'T do with this camera. Suffice it to say that most commercial photogs find greater satisfaction in their personal portfolios.

I think that if you shoot at least one hundred images, and then assemble the ones you find "unexpected" on a web page, you'll begin to discover your own aesthetic. Whenever you pick up a camera, there is a strong tendency to try to reproduce the photographic cliches seen mostly in commercial photography. By shooting many images you can begin to get this out of your system. Besides, the commercial images that reside in your head probably required complex lighting schemes that are meant NOT to obvious to the viewer.
    <a href="http://billkosloskymd.typepad.com/wirelessdoc/">Wireless Doc the blog</a>
  16.    #16  
    wireless-doc, it was actually your web site that inspired this project. I thought to myself, after first getting frustrated with the camera with indoor shots, that I should go out and shoot outdoors just like you did.

And it so happened, that I was going out of town.

I thank you for inspiring me by your example to use the T600 camera and discover for myself what a beautiful world it can capture.
    If anyone is interested, here are some shots from my Treo 600 Camera.

I think these give a good example of about what you could expect by just whipping out your Treo at the spur of the moment to catch a very candid shot (nobody knows you are taking pictures). I just happened to yank it out and snap the shots for no reason other than to capture the moment, and this is how they came out.

Judge for yourself whether this is acceptable for a cellphone or not. Me? I think it's better than nothing. I can at least make out objects and tell what they are.
    The subway pic was on an elevated section of the Gold Line between Downtown LA and Pasadena, and not underground (obviously).

We were moving along at about 30mph, and the blur wasn't too terribly bad.

You will notice from the bus and subway pictures that you cannot backlight anything, because the foreground will be blacked out. And if you front weight the lighting, everything byond the foreground will be too bright to see (you can't see anything but bright light outside of the bus's window).

Still, when I get home, and sync these to the computer ... they are nice little reminders of where I was at any particular time of the day and the mood of the situation.

I've taken pictures of flyers on telephone poles before (So I could make out the details later), for sale signs in car windows, and portraits of people come out just fine if taken outdoors.

I have thousands of pictures of my family, that I otherwise would not have. Are they perfect? Heck no. But i'm glad I have them. They bring back memories.

And the best thing ... you can take pictures in places that would normally draw alot of attention. I can take pictures on public transit that people would object to if I had a digital camera ... but nobody blinks when you pull out a phone. This makes capturing day-to-day events that much more convenient.

I really appreciate having the camera on the phone.

None of the pictures are going to make it into "LIFE" magazine, but when I look at pics I took of my family at the park, it brings a smile to my face. They pictures aren't Nikon quality, but the pleasure is still there. If nothing else, it refreshes the "clearer" picture in my mind.

Sometimes simple is good enough.

I am a big fan of the Camera. Warts and all. What it does, it does well. Get's a basic snapshot that you otherwise probably wouldn't have bothered to take.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast