Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by wireless-doc
    I don't know why people want to emphasize the flaws, e.g. the darkening at the corners which I assume to be inadequate lens coverage. (For me, the most objectionable one is the magenta color shift in the center of the field, which turns to green on the edges. I can go on TextAmerica and immediately pick out the Treo 600 images based on this. The workaround is to shoot very saturated color subjects, and if you have an image which is mostly greys anyway, you can convert the image to grey scale.) All I can say is that it's a fun camera that you always have with you.
    Doc,

don't get me wrong, I love my Treo and I love the camera (take a look at a few of my snapshots: http://grenness.com/treo600 ).

The fact that I focus on the dark corners is more me saying "this is a great camera, but isn't this a fault?".

Check out http://www.sprites.dk where you can compare pictures taken with different cell phone cameras. No doubt that "our" camera is one of the best available today.

Christopher
  2.    #22  
    Guys, I am happy to see your pictures of ordinary life.
    Bump ... because new "the camera sucks" threads are starting to pop up.
    I am just getting my blog up and running. All of the images were made using the Treo camera. Take a look:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ekreminski/

I approach this camera as another creative tool. This means that I don't use it like my Pentax 67 or my plastic 120 camera. I just use it

Enjoy,
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Can't believe the quality of all your pics. The camera of my treo (revision A) and the one of my collegue (revision B) is poor. Just look at the attached photo:

(qset = 90)

Or do i just need daylight?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #26  
    That's right you don't have enough light in your scene.
    Not great, but getting better. (View from office at sunrise)

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Ok...trying again...
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by cash70
    Ok...trying again...
    LOL, an office with a window, what more can you ask for. (JK)
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I think what is important is being able to hold the camera steady and take the picture without thinking about it or worrying about it. This pic is one of the best I'd taken and that is probably only 5 of the 100ish I'd taken so far.
  11.    #31  
    This is a view from the 34th floor at the heart of the Makati Business District. This is the Ayala Avenue intersecting Paseo de Roxas. The other shots were too contrasty. This one has good enough shadows and details in the highlights. You can see it in the screen if it will go well.
    I never expected much out of the camera for my phone. However, I cherish it for the fact that I often get pictures such as the one attached that I may have never gotten had I not had my phone with me.

This was shot in very low light and inside, but still captures the moment perfectly
    Few cameras without a flash are going to take indoor pictures well while being held in the hand. Even my high-end Sony digital camera stinks indoors when I set the flash not to go off. They have to leave the "shutter" open longer and longer with each decrease in light. Hence, most consumer cameras come with some kind of flash unit.

Handholding even a good Nikon film camera will produce blurred pictures indoors if used without a flash.

The flash also helps in backlit situations.

It's not really a mystery why the camera takes pictures very poorly indoors. Most cameras take pictures poorly indoors (unless you set them on a tripod and set the shutter to 1/4 second).

Camera's need light. Our little T600 cameras happen to need quite a bit of light. I can take some decent indoor shots with all the lights turned on and/or sunlight through the window. I can take a picture in a 7-11 or a Department Store, and they come out great. But if I take one in my dining room, the stink.

Front-lighted subjects with ample light are what the camera is calibrated to.
    Originally posted by Sunmoon
    This was shot in very low light and inside, but still captures the moment perfectly
    This IS the best reason for this camera - it's there when you have one of those "If only I had my camera...." moments - great pic by the way.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12