1.    #1  
    I am looking at the two options now and wonder which is best for simple use. I dont need anything too complex, just want a way to use simple wav/mpe clips as ringtones. Using ringtones for each seperate contact would be nice, but not necessary. Also, which program is more stable at this point in time?
    They both have demos available. Try them both and compare. Don't take our word - we all have our favorites already. I'm hooked on Lightwave.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    imho, LightWav is the most impressive palm app I have seen in a while.
    Lightwave looks the best so far. nice interface etc. But does not have support gor group ringtones. I would rather have this than individual tones.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Lightwave does not have support gor group ringtones. I would rather have this than individual tones.
    FYI, it's being worked on and probably will be released soon.
    Could anyone get the wave comverter to work? I was trying to convert one of the wav files in the zipped package. It told me that the file was converter, but it was nowhere to be found. Am i missing something?
    Could anyone get the wave comverter to work? I was trying to convert one of the wav files in the zipped package. It told me that the file was converter, but it was nowhere to be found. Am i missing something?
    You need to uncheck "Always use PocketTunes" in lightwav prefs.
    Then do a new search for it.

My own problem is that I can't get any wav file to play as a ringtone. It's converted, the wav can be played from within lightwav, but when I receive an incoming call it's all silence (just vibrator).

Christopher
    Thanks but I wAS Referring to the Windows converter. This was designed to convert the wave file to a PDB for the palm Desktop Install tool.

Originally posted by grenness

Christopher
    Thanks but I wAS Referring to the Windows converter. This was designed to convert the wave file to a PDB for the palm Desktop Install tool.
    Ok, sorry.

I had no problems with the windows converter.
    I browsed for the wav-file, and it automatically suggested that the output PDB-file would be saved in the same folder as the original wav. And it did...

Sorry I can't help you out any more than this.
    BTW, you have copied par.exe to the root (c:\), right?

C.
    NO. I guess this explains it eh? BTW I have no porblems now . Thanks again!

Ok, sorry.

I had no problems with the windows converter.
    I browsed for the wav-file, and it automatically suggested that the output PDB-file would be saved in the same folder as the original wav. And it did...

Sorry I can't help you out any more than this.
    BTW, you have copied par.exe to the root (c:\), right?

C.
    NO. I guess this explains it eh? BTW I have no porblems now . Thanks again!
    Let me know if you're able to actually have a wav-file in ram act as ringtone.
    As I said earlier, everything seems to be ok on my treo, but when I receive an incoming call, all I get is silence.

C.
    Currently, there is only one app you can buy to use mp3s as ringtones (Lightwav). The other app is still in a beta test phase and you can't buy a copy with the mp3 ringtone features (CallFilter). CallFilter already has the following benefits though:

1 - Individual and category ringtones.

2 - Automatic handling of the system ringer (no need to change your ringer to silent).

3 - Works in sync with the call filtering features. If someone calls that you want them to go staight to voicemail you don't getting a ring or any indication that someone called. Of course this is only important to some.

Let's wait for a retail release before we start the comparison. I must say that I am fairly happy with Lwavs features at this point but let's see what a little competition brings.
    I thought CallFilter was already out? In the CF discussion, people were talking about how $30 is too much to pay for it...then others were saying that basically you get what you pay for. $15 for LW vs $30 for CF...could be wrong, tho
    The version of CallFilter that you can buy now does not have mp3 ringtone support. That feature is still in development.
    Lightwave looks the best so far. nice interface etc. But does not have support gor group ringtones. I would rather have this than individual tones.
    hehe, group/category contact is already done in LightWav and is in beta and will be sent to registered users today.

check out the trial soon on www.toysoft.ca

My own problem is that I can't get any wav file to play as a ringtone. It's converted, the wav can be played from within lightwav, but when I receive an incoming call it's all silence (just vibrator).

Christopher
    make sure the volume in sound phone pref is not turned OFF.
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    Currently, there is only one app you can buy to use mp3s as ringtones (Lightwav). The other app is still in a beta test phase and you can't buy a copy with the mp3 ringtone features (CallFilter). CallFilter already has the following benefits though:

1 - Individual and category ringtones.

2 - Automatic handling of the system ringer (no need to change your ringer to silent).

3 - Works in sync with the call filtering features. If someone calls that you want them to go staight to voicemail you don't getting a ring or any indication that someone called. Of course this is only important to some.

Let's wait for a retail release before we start the comparison. I must say that I am fairly happy with Lwavs features at this point but let's see what a little competition brings.

Lightwav already does individual and category (will be released tomorrow)

we have new app called BuzzOff callerID filter to be released soon. look for the demo on our site www.toysoft.ca
    Hi Smiley88 glad to see you contributing on the boards. You really need to make Lightwav work with the phone sound preferences and apps such as Profile Manager which I use a lot. It is really a pain to go into the sound prefs and change that every time I switch my Profiles etc.
    Originally posted by smiley88

hehe, group/category contact is already done in LightWav and is in beta and will be sent to registered users today.

check out the trial soon on www.toysoft.ca
    Was the beta sent out yesterday? I didn't get it.
    Hi Smiley88 glad to see you contributing on the boards. You really need to make Lightwav work with the phone sound preferences and apps such as Profile Manager which I use a lot. It is really a pain to go into the sound prefs and change that every time I switch my Profiles etc.
    New version has reverted back to using the volume from the sound prefs.