1.    #1  
    I did a search on this site and dont see anyone bragging about a Great Texas Hold Em Game for Treo 600. Just one guy referencing one and said it looked promising.

Can anyone reccomend one that they are happy with? I need to get one for my flight to Vegas...

Thanks

Nick2Sticks
    I have PokerHand by Birdsoft, which has like 11 card games in one, including my favorite "Texas Hold Em."

No 5-way support though, but plays great.
    http://standalone.com/palmos/hold_em/

^ Is supposed to be a decent game, but I could not get it to work on my Treo 600. Looks like they just released a new version, I'll try that.

Update, looks like it handles the resolution of the 600 better now, I'll have to try both out and see which one I like.
    http://www.concretesoftware.com/TexasHoldem.html

^ A new Texas Hold'em game that is fairly decent, I only played one hand before writing this

You do need a JVM installed, http://java.sun.com/products/midp4palm/download.html.
  5.    #5  
    Neo...I couldnt get it to work on Treo 600...I sent email to compnay and they said it will not work...just cause reset loop. You are lucky...be careful
    Originally posted by ncasalejr
    Neo...I couldnt get it to work on Treo 600...I sent email to compnay and they said it will not work...just cause reset loop. You are lucky...be careful
    Weird I got it to work. I can't remember if I tried it only on the emulator or if I tried it on the phone.

Stinks, we need a better Hold'Em game.
    Hey guys,

My name is Keith Pichelman, I'm the CEO at Concrete Software. NeoTope - glad to hear you enjoyed the game so far. Ncasalejr - I'm not sure who you talked to but basically we can't 'officially' say we work on the Treo 600 yet, though we have a way to work around the problem. We've talked to Palmone and they say there will be a public JVM for the Treo 600 soon, once that is out we will be able to publicly announce a version for the Treo 600.

Also, NeoTope, if you have anything you'd like to see in the next version, let me know. We are gathering requirements now and always appreciate customer feedback to make the game better!
    any freeware hold'em?
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Well I've got the version from Standalone and it works on my Treo 600. I like playing on big tables (8+ players) so I turn off the graphics mode as the cards are too small to read accurately with that many players.

The play seems overly loose/agressive in my opinion and I always seem to drown in the river to someone chasing an inside straight draw... But I won't go "conspiricy theorey" just yet.

I also noticed a few bugs. One time a hand was not read correctly, it did not effect the winner but a full house was reported as two pair I believe. I reported the bug to Standalone via their web site. Another bug I found and have not reported yet occured when I was playing heads up no-limit. Any time I would make a large opening bet and the opponent would fold, I would receive a substantially smaller pot than I should have and even though I was winning hands, my bank roll was decreasing. (Perhaps this is an issue in how the rake was being applied?) I have not reported this one to Standalone yet, I may try to recreate it and get more details later.

It should be noted that I am still running version 1.0 (registered) and did not even realize that version 1.3 was available until checking their website just now. This version MAY fix the first bug I mentioned.

Good luck and may all your flopped sets hold up...

G
    Originally posted by Gambit_727
    Another bug I found and have not reported yet occured when I was playing heads up no-limit. Any time I would make a large opening bet and the opponent would fold, I would receive a substantially smaller pot than I should have and even though I was winning hands, my bank roll was decreasing. (Perhaps this is an issue in how the rake was being applied?)
    Follow up: It does appear that uncalled bets are counted against the rake. I will report this to Standalone.
    been using standalones texas holdem and its pretty good. I get some problems with the concrete version and using the java takes up a lot of space.
    the new version 1.3 for standalone dosent seem to run well on my treo so I went back to version 1.0
    I think the feature I want most is tournament mode.