1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Treo 600, and a pop email program. I would like to send pictures using my email program. Aside from using the rediculous Sprint "PictureMail" service, the only way to do this is by saving the picture to the SD card, then attaching it from the email program.

On GSM phones, I understand that clicking "share" in the pictures program actually asks YOU how YOU want to share the picture (email app of your choice). From what I can tell, sprint has decided to restrict this capability to promote picturemail instead.

Has anyone found or made a hack that will update the options when you click "share" to include your available email apps?

am i crazy for preferring this to picture mail or a multi-click work-around?
    No, you're not crazy. That would be a great feature to have.
    I've looked through the Picture software (Image*) with Filez, and couldn't find any reference to http://picturemail.sprintpcs.com or anything close.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Not that your idea shouldn't be implemented- (it saves even more steps), but you can save yourself the "Save to SD Card" part if you are using the Handspring Pop mail program for SprintPCS. It can attach pictures from RAM.

Jason
    Originally posted by phandel
    I've looked through the Picture software (Image*) with Filez, and couldn't find any reference to http://picturemail.sprintpcs.com or anything close.

Thanks,
    Peter
    It's in ##DATA --> menu --> Pictures
    Originally posted by ideefixe

It's in ##DATA --> menu --> Pictures

How do you move a file within the palm to a different folder?
    Originally posted by dragonslayer76

How do you move a file within the palm to a different folder?
    Install Filez or Palm Insider Pro and you can either copy or move files to different folders or to your SD card. Of course you won't be able to move files in ROM.
    I just use the Beta Mail tool from Handspring (Still available in the support download section). I click attach anything. (Does not matter if it is on a memory card or not) You can choose Pictures. (I even e-mailed a ringer to my wife as a MIDI file just because) Send the e-mail and you are all set. The recievee will get a normal e-mail with an attachment.

(This works great with the High res images from my digital camera)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn
    I just use the Beta Mail tool from Handspring (Still available in the support download section). I click attach anything. (Does not matter if it is on a memory card or not) You can choose Pictures. (I even e-mailed a ringer to my wife as a MIDI file just because) Send the e-mail and you are all set. The recievee will get a normal e-mail with an attachment.

(This works great with the High res images from my digital camera)
    Just a thought, but wouldnt any email program that supports attachments be able to send pictures without using picturemail?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Just a thought, but wouldnt any email program that supports attachments be able to send pictures without using picturemail?
    If the mail application is Treo 600 picture database aware it can. The last time I checked, only the Handspring mail app knows about and can read the picture database.

I would also like to take the opportunity to add my ME TOO. It would be great is someone would come up with a hack or something to allow the Sprint Treo "Share" button to send the picture via a user defined mail app.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by SoCalVisor

I would also like to take the opportunity to add my ME TOO. It would be great is someone would come up with a hack or something to allow the Sprint Treo "Share" button to send the picture via a user defined mail app.
    This is exactly what I was *trying* (and failed) to suggest in my original post. Does anyone know how to edit the behavior of this "share" button? Or...would that even work? I mean, if Snappermail isn't picture database-aware, will changing the "share" options to include snappermail even help?
    I send 10-20 photos a day to my Buzznet account . My current steps are:

[list=1][*]snap photo[*]hop to snappermail[*]select my buzznet email address from contacts[*]click the paperclip[*]select photo(s) from list [*]attach[*]mail[*]lather, rinse, repeat[/list=1]

I've thought a macro or something would be great but being able to use that wasted 'share' option would be wonderful.
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    http://susandennis.com
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by susandennis
    I send 10-20 photos a day to my Buzznet account .
    That's odd - when I send mail from within Snappermail, picture attachments come through as some kind of pdb files for my recipients. It's only after moving files to the SD card that i'm able to attach them from snappermail successfully...no?
    I have my pictures set to automatically save to card... the pbd file is (I think) a kind of pointer to where the real picture is.
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    [list=1][*]click the paperclip[*]select photo(s) from list [/list=1]
    Select from what list?
    Are you saving to an SD card?
    And are you using CDMA or GSM Treo?
    snappermail will be able to grab the photo from within snapper in version 2.0 according to post by Will on the yahoo groups.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have a Sprint Treo and I have it set to save all pictures to my SD card. When I click on the paperclip, it goes to last used location, which in my case is the SD card. The photos are in a folder calld DCIM. I keep it sorted so that the newest photos are at the top.
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    Originally posted by scandalex

Yes however the Handspring one will e-mail from the internal memory as a JPG instead of a PDB. The same with a ringer, It will e-mail it as a MID instead of a PDB.

Besides the one from Handspring is small, light, fast, and works pretty good.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre