1.    #1  
    Hope this hasn't been addressed...but i did do a search and couldn't any reference to my question below anywhere on this site or yahoo! search.

I have two hidden files on my treo that show up in the program list when I select "delete" before removing an app. They are:

1 The Black EchoEx
    1 The Black EchoKz

Any idea what these two files are? The non-default apps I have with this unit are: Chatter, FontBucket, EZ Convert, Marbles2, mediamgr, memorix, pocketchess, ptunes, sketcher, subhunt and verichat.

Thanks
    Well,
    I would try to use FIlez or Uninstaller to get rid of them.
    You might have to do a soft reset first if they are loaded into the ram and somehow are being accessed. (Did I say this right... you get the idea...) So then I would use filez or uninstaller to delete them. If that doesn't work, do a hard reset and re-install each app individually and try and track the problem that way.
    I hope this helps
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. I just wanted to know if it was safe to delete the files or if anyone had a clue what they were. I figured if no one yet responded saying that these files were essential it would be ok to delete them.

I'll soon attempt to remove this now useless thread if no one else has anything to add.
    I don't think they're system files, but they could belong to one of the apps you installed.

Get FileZ (which is free), and see what the creatorId for those files is. Then check and see if you have any other files for the same creatorId. If so, you should be able to figure out what app it is. If not, make a backup (just in case) and delete them.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.