Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A PalmOne store employee in Boston said to my friend on Saturday that the Treo 610 will be "released" March 1st. My friend said the employee looked up the info on his computer. I consider my friend (who is a 7-year Palm developer) a trusted source so I am certain that he was told that by the employee.

Take it for what it's worth.
    Originally posted by silverado
    A PalmOne store employee in Boston said to my friend on Saturday that the Treo 610 will be "released" March 1st. My friend said the employee looked up the info on his computer. I consider my friend (who is a 7-year Palm developer) a trusted source so I am certain that he was told that by the employee.

Take it for what it's worth.

did you ask him about upgrade offers, prices, etc?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I read on another forum that 'the proverbial insider' said that the update only includes BT and not 320x320. Anyone else hear this?
    <deleted>
    well if it's only bluetooth, i'm not going to upgrade, getting it only half way there won't help.

6.    #6  
    Didn't hear anything about price and/or upgrades. He did say that it will have both high resolution and Bluetooth, which is contrary to what we have heard from a poster here who said that he's an ex-Handspring employee.

And to be precise, this was at the Palm Cafe in Boston. Read about what a Palm Cafe is here.
    what about the form factor...is it the same as the 600 or different, what about the proccessor, details please!

answer: higher resolution yes, bt no.

question: what would make you upgrade from the 600?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    answer: bt, hi res, and nokia 9290 type form factor

the laptop/cellphone hybrid form factor is an optional. bt and hi res is a nessecity. it'd also be nice if they made it OS 6 upgradable.

::EDIT::

oh yeah and no bulge lol

10. jjd
    I remain skeptical (but hopeful) about the 610. Did your friend say anything about whether this would be for Verizon? Other rumors have the Treo 6xx coming out on Verizon about the same time.

Thanks,

--Jim--
    So If I send in a defective 600 around that time will I get a 610? or a new 600? My speakerphone is trashed so maybe I should wait until next month to see what happens.
  12.    #12  
    I think form factor is unchanged; he said that the "only" changes are the resolution and BT. Does it mean the processor is unchanged? I don't know. No word on carriers.

Maybe I should drive up there and grab that screen and look for myself
    This is amusing. We now have a "confirmed" report that the upgrade will have BT but not a higher res screen, another that it will have the screen but not BT, and yet another "confirmed" report that it will have both .

Color me skeptical.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by silverado
    Didn't hear anything about price and/or upgrades. He did say that it will have both high resolution and Bluetooth, which is contrary to what we have heard from a poster here who said that he's an ex-Handspring employee.

And to be precise, this was at the Palm Cafe in Boston. Read about what a Palm Cafe is here.
    Hmm, that's odd. I went to a Palm Cafe here in San Jose over the Valentine's Day weekend and spoke to a Palm Rep regarding the rumor of the Treo 610. He said, "Currently it is still a rumor. As of today, there have been no such email or documentation sent to us regarding this upgraded Treo 600."

And I just answered, "That's what I thought."
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    This is amusing. We now have a "confirmed" report that the upgrade will have BT but not a higher res screen, another that it will have the screen but not BT, and yet another "confirmed" report that it will have both .

Color me skeptical.
    you find everything amusing, you bring no sense of information into posts. Please try to say something informative in between all the "amusing" posts. Thanks.

As far as the treo 610 rumors go, I remain hopeful that there will be a cheap cost for an upgrade, and I mean really cheap, 3 months after they release one phone, they are going to release another? Treo 600 users definately don't need to pay another 700 dollars for a new phone and its accessories when they were promised the original phone (600) would cover it all...

I have spoken to a couple of PalmOne managers and they were saying that all rumors regarding the 610 are no more than rumors.
    Until PalmOne releases info, don't believe anything. I am inclined to believe that line of thought.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I wonder if the Treo 610 will support 65k colors...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600

As far as the treo 610 rumors go, I remain hopeful that there will be a cheap cost for an upgrade, and I mean really cheap, 3 months after they release one phone, they are going to release another? Treo 600 users definately don't need to pay another 700 dollars for a new phone and its accessories when they were promised the original phone (600) would cover it all...
    All the accessories would presumably work. There is no way on earth they would be able to churn out a new form factor so fast. And if it were to be a new form factor, they would need FCC approval for it, which, has been shown, has not been shown.
    Now, I'm preparing for the Treo 600 promotion of T-Mobile. Do you think I better just do this promotion, I mean, even the 610 gonna come out in March?
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600

you find everything amusing, you bring no sense of information into posts. Please try to say something informative in between all the "amusing" posts. Thanks.

I think I contribute quite a bit to these forums, thank you. But I try to contribute facts instead of rumors, guesses and wishful thinking. Just do a search on my posts if you don't believe me.

If I could think of something useful to contribute to these fantasy sessions, I would, but how can I top three people with "inside" information who say three completely different things? I guess I could make up a story that my local Sprint PCS store told me the 610 will have not onlly 320x320 and BT, but also WiFi, an internal antenna, a removable battery (but unfortunately the need to shrink the battery to fit the same form factor will limit talk time to 30 minutes), built in voice dialing and a voice recorder.

Now then, does that make you feel better?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast