Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Originally posted by whmurray

They pre-sold (and shipped late) every unit.
    I ordered mine from HS and had it 2 days later. I don't think your statement is quite true.
    Originally posted by clairegrrl
    I sure dont understand how you live your lives. The newest latest and greatest is always a few months away. I would much rather have my 600 NOW then wait for some unconfirmed "promise" that may come in the future.

BTW...how did you ever buy a computer when each week brings something new?

Claire
    Good point(s)!!!

What an awesome "looking" avatar, if I may say so!

Aloha
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    Originally posted by AlohaDan

Good point(s)!!!

What an awesome "looking" avatar, if I may say so!

Aloha
    And may I say that your's looks just like my baby picture.
    Meyer -

Sorry, I misspoke when I said by law. You're quite correct that the law is 30 days, and beyond that notification must be given as to why there is a delay. However, most Visa/MC merchant agreements do not allow for more than 48 hours of time to elapse between charge and shipping. Obviously, a lot of merchants violate these agreements (just as they do when they require a minimum purchase for using your credit card -- a no-no with Visa/MC!), but at least it allows you an easy route to a charge reversal if they violate their own agreement.

Anyway, let's hope we'll be having that slurpee.
    Hi All,

Haven't posted for awhile, so I thought I would add to this "lively" thread by posting this link to bargainPDA I just found. Check it out!!

http://www.bargainpda.com/price/defa...ay=priceDetail

But then again, maybe not, as this "review" is also from that site :

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=1878

hehe- the fun never ends!

Neo
    I recieved "teases" from HS for about 6 months about the T6 coming out before they even had a potential release date! Now out of the blue a new 610 is going to appear with no official notice from HS or Palm One? Why hasn't Palm One been raving about the 610 months ahead of time? I'm still skeptical.
    That link is the only site that claims to have any knowledge of a 610. Indeed, *every* other source is referencing that one. It smells bad to me, and I don't believe it.
    For whatever it may be worth, here is a link to someone at TreoMB who claims to have some new info confirming the existence of the T610.

Just thought I would add to the feeding frenzy.
    Please please wait for the Treo 610 and if you have already ordered the T-Mobile Treo 600, cancel your order immediately! This will assure that I am one of the first to get my T-Mobile branded Treo 600! Thanks. :-)
    All I gotta say is if (and when) it comes out and it has BT & big screen and its not offered by TMobile I will cancel my contract and eat the cancellation free and get it.
    Who came up with the 610 number anyway? Why not the 650 or the 700??
    It doesn't REALLY matter, it was a mistake anyone could have made.

Actually, it was true in a sense when Sprint's .10 update was announced for the T6. Or should I say, "the T6 .10 update". Well, you get the point - That is our T610 update that many were anticipating.
    I still think someone got their wires crossed between fantasy-land and the Sony-Ericsson T610 which has bluetooth and a hi-res screen. Too much of a coincidence to me...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I don't understand all the naysayers in this thread. Yes, it's purely a rumor, but why do so many people think it's unfathomable? I think its very plausible that PalmOne would update the phone with the specific features that so many people wanted in the 600. Features that are practically standard in the industry today. Especially when those features could be added with minimal changes to the manufacturing of the device itself (same form factor, etc.) and would only improve the sales of the already popular device.

Sure, most consumer electronics manufacturers update their TV's, DVD players, etc. on 1 or even 2 year cycles, but computers are updated constantly. Wait a few months and the same computer now has a better graphics card and a bigger hard drive. If I told everyone that Dell was going to update a computer they just released 6 months ago to now include better graphics and WiFi do you think everyone would be saying "Not a chance"? I highly doubt it! The Treo 600 is a technology device and people need to get used to the fact that devices like this will follow the computer lifecycle much closer than they do the consumer electronic's lifecycle.

PalmOne has alot more to lose if they do not update the Treo 600 soon. I hate to say it, but an updated Treo is definitely imminent in the next few months.

Rich
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by curlykraut
    Please please wait for the Treo 610 and if you have already ordered the T-Mobile Treo 600, cancel your order immediately! This will assure that I am one of the first to get my T-Mobile branded Treo 600! Thanks. :-) [/QUOTE

i hope you get a better screen then the new palmone branded 600 replacement i just received. if you don't, you'll be wishing you had waited for a 320 x 320 upgrade.
    I have it on good authority that the 610, which is officially out March 1, but will be available to select group of loyal Treo user to preview on April 1, will be based on Jake's infamous set of articles on his concept for the ideal PDA/phone.

Apparantly, Handspring rejected his ideas, but PalmOne loved them and acquired Handspring just so that they could get their hands on the 600 in order to implement Jake's UI innovations.

And the new ad campaign will feature Batman . . . and Elvis . . . talking to Generalissimo Francisco Franco . . . using the built-in "group conference cone of silence speakershone.'
    I believe a Treo 600 upgrade is coming soon... but not quite THAT soon! It's a little something called "versioning" and most companies do it. To upgrade a new hit product while it is still flying off the shelves would be pure stupidity.

PalmOne probably has the capability to add all the upgraded features already, but I think they will surely milk the current version for all it's worth, then stick it to us again so everyone with Treo 600s will have to upgrade to the new Treo 666.

I ain't gonna miss out on this $399 upgrade special, no way, no how.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by Felipe
    Question: what would make you upgrade from the 600?
    HiRes, BT and that camera is a big deal for me. Also, chuck in a VW Toureg R5 TDI SUV and I'll be very happy
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Originally posted by richlux
    I don't understand all the naysayers in this thread. Yes, it's purely a rumor, but why do so many people think it's unfathomable? I think its very plausible that PalmOne would update the phone with the specific features that so many people wanted in the 600. Features that are practically standard in the industry today. Especially when those features could be added with minimal changes to the manufacturing of the device itself (same form factor, etc.) and would only improve the sales of the already popular device.

Rich
    I think a lot of people are forgetting the unique situation here. Handspring were short of cash, and had to make compromises with the design and manufacture of the 600. PalmOne have much greater resources, and it is in their interests to make the Treo line as successful as possible.

This situation, along with competition from other companies, makes an upgrade likely sooner rather than later.
  20. lam
    When one company try to integrate with another company, it takes time to settle down, not just weeks ! I used to worked in such company b4(Marconi bought one of the Nokia business). It's always a big mess and guess what ? The auditors failed them due to higher management not properly integrated.

BTW , it takes time for them to properly test some SMALL changes. The palm OS5 high resolution support is not built in at all(For the latest OS6 cobalt, it would be built in). It's a licensee extra. In order to put in the hi-res screen , they need to revamp the operating system. Yes , workers from palm are very experience in doing that but it is not their product at all. HS and PALM have different ways and procedure to carry out a task. How would they be able to work together in such a short time ? Engineers working 24 hours everyday to come up with a new regression test suite and quality control document ?

I'm just curious , how would the 1800 battery cope with the hi-res screen ? I guess network operators need to specify that the new phone will only work for 2-3 hours instead of 4-5 hours ?

It's just my personal opinion.