Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I just went to the PalmOne store here in Boston, rep told me next model is going to come out in March, will have better screen and bluetooth enabled.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news..but there IS a Treo610 and it's the cats meow..

I used on the other day, they are not release to the public yet and even the PalmOne reps don't know about it. It had BT and an awesome color display in Hi-Res. The picture I saw from the OE camera was unreal!!

I was in 7-11 and saw Elvis with one (you know about the deal w/ Palm One giving treos to people in the pop culture arena, like Peter Gabrial and Metalica and such)there was a post here about that))...

Anyway...I was in line (buying a 40) at my local 7-11 and Elvis was getting a banana slupry and I saw him talking on what I thought was a Treo600, but he had a handfree kit and there no wires going to the phone and I noticed the "BT" logo on the side of the headset (Jabra?).

So I asked him about it and he said he was just talking to yedi about his cousin the sasquatch and that he was sent a picture from the Handspring EMail client (was a GSM version) from Yedi and it was taken with Yedi's camera on HIS treo610. Now there was some washout due to all the snow, but it was a pretty clear picture and I think it's 320X320.

So it had Bluetooth onboard
    320X320 Hi-Res screen
    and can be bought in either a camera version or camera less version called the treo610G. I assume the "G" is for government?

The speaker phone didn't break up at all and the Ptunes rocked with the new sub woffer that can be plugged into the bottom hot-sync port and carried in your pocket (just don't get the magnet too close to the Hi-Res display, it may damage the screen?).

So THANK GOODNESS I HAVE THE BESTBUY RETURN POLICY, I think I will claim that my Treo600 is dropping calls and get a new Treo610 for free. BTW, the Sasquash dropped his in the bog and was able to get a repalcment via the Sprint Exhange/Insurance program. Now he didn't have the insurnace at the time, but took it out after he dropped it in the water and just paid the $4 to get his T600 exchanged for a T610 (there were no more T600's to replace his original one will). He told Yedi to tell Elvis to do the saem and he was going to cancell the $4 a month insurance after he gets the new T610 in the mail.

BTW..He is hopping that HS doesn't send(forgets) a return box for the old one and he is going to sell it on Ebay as so many people have done.

I can't wait to get mine when they release in March.
    LOL. That's awesome! Man, sometimes I wish I were a famous dead guy. They get all the goods...
    Yea, I know what you mean, free stuff (SWAG) is awesome.

BTW, his was a custom Treo610 with rhinestones on the case, and i forgot, the anttena has the option to be removed and you only loose 3db of signal.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by z-extreme
    So If I send in a defective 600 around that time will I get a 610? or a new 600? My speakerphone is trashed so maybe I should wait until next month to see what happens.
    If you send in a defective 600, you will recieve a used but refurbished 600, NOT a new 600. And it will currently take them a week and a half to get the replacement to you. You will have 14 days to ship the defective one back to them, but they will send you an email four days after recieving the "replacement" asking where the defective one is and reminding you to return it promptly.

but i'm not bitter!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    and Elvis was getting a banana slupry
    I think this story is for real. Elvis DID like bananas. VIa the transitive property of newgroups, we should be expecting the Treo610 (and 610g) very soon!
    Originally posted by alamerican
    I just came back from the Palm Cafe in Bethesda, Maryland. I told the Palm rep that I just bought a Treo 600 online and was concerned about a new rumored version I heard was coming out. He immediately countered back "...there is not a Treo 610 or 700. I have comfirmed it with Palm management and if there was there would most likely be a lynching at Palm headquarters by owners of the 600."

I cringe as I write this because I know that this only adds to the confusion.
    Damn straight there would be a lynching
    Gonna be a lot of folks eating crow on March 1. Hehe.

Jeff

PS - Notice I didn't say which side.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Yeah, yeah let the jokes fly.

Don't think for a second that Sony is sitting on their laurels.

Getting ahead of the Treo 600 would not take much these days.

It is the best solution.

Why?

Because it has a keyboard. It is small. And it has "good" integration...though really there could be improvements.

Sony: put a keyboard and Palm OS on the P900 and you get a Treo 600 with 1 less Ounce, voice recorder, wifi, BT, hi res, better camera

Samsung: put a keyboard and Hi res

Sanyo: you already have movies with constant led flash for $ 195. Truck it up to $ 600 and add Palm, voice, and a keyboard.

Why do we even care? Soon some competitor will eat up Palm One alive. They've lost their engineering leadership, and in an act of desperation they bought a 120 million dollar 3 year old design.

Sony: take the technology of the clueless 50 and the clueless software of the 900 and marry them into a Treo 800 equivalent and you've bought leadership in smart phones for the next 10 years.

Microsoft: you don't have to offer what you offer in a 18 sized shoe! People need a phone next to their face, not a telephone book!

My God, Bill, you are as stupid as when you said "why would anybody ever need more than 640K!" Can't you ever develop something first instead of killing the visionaries?

Donna, get off your Bordeaux and make the Treo 600 catch up to 2004 hardware! I know you are now a millionaire. Yes the Gucci and the Prada look great. Get into a Spa. And for heaven's sake, give the Treo 600 hi res before 2005...I cannot believe my pleading...Hi res before 2005...are we gonna enter 2005 in 160 x 160?

What's going on?
    I've been incredibly doubtful about this whole Treo 610 in March bit. I'll be amazed if we see an update before summer. And frankly see the whole exercise of constantly discussing whether its coming out kind of tedious. So, I figured I'd settle the issue once and for all. I called America's Top Psychic: Kenny Kingston, http://www.kennykingston.com/.

I didn't actually get to speak to Kenny, but the nice woman I talked to assured me that she was clairvoyant and had been trained to harness her powers by Kenny himself. I asked her if she was having a good day, with clear readings (I know those psychics sometimes get caught in the fog). Anyway, Cindy (that was her name) was really chatty, a nice woman, told me a lot about myself and the great wealth coming my way soon (YES! when they do release the 610 I'll have more than enough money to buy one right away!). So after about half an hour I finally remembered the Treo question and so I asked her about it, "Cindy, is Palm One going to be releasing an updated Treo with bluetooth and a high resolution screen soon?"

Cindy took a minute consulting her oracles and when she got back to me she said (and I quote), "not a snowball's chance in hell. I just got my Treo 600, they sure as hell better not."

So, there you have it. I've got the word straight from America's Top Psychic Kenny Kingston's understudy Cindy, that there will not be a Treo 610 released any time soon. At $134.55 it was a hell of a lot cheaper than that plane ticket to Milpitas, CA to do espionage at PalmOne HQ. I guess discussion can go back to how best to troubleshoot Treo problems now, right?
    miss cleo impersonator lol
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    OK, perhaps we can all just stop taking the p*ss for a moment...

How about this as an alternative senario:

Forget this talk of Treo 610's and 700's. Think instead of a Treo 600.1, or 'hardware revision D' if you like.

PalmOne takes over Handspring. They are agast at the existing manufacturing facility in Mexico (or wherever) who can't produce them fast or cheap enough. So, they take the Handspring design, and wander over to China (or wherever Palm stuff is usually made) and tell them "build this". While they're at it, they might as well make a few minor specification changes - nothing major like WiFi, but MAYBE an improved screen.

This all takes time, hence the big supply shortages seen everywhere (except perhaps Sprint). The new version needs thorough testing so PalmOne don't look stupid. They roll out the new version in time for the T-Moblie launch, and we all get to see it around March.

OK, this is my theory, and I base it on rumor and speculation. But at least it doesn't have Elvis in it!
    Originally posted by Stig
    OK, perhaps we can all just stop taking the p*ss for a moment...

How about this as an alternative senario:

Forget this talk of Treo 610's and 700's. Think instead of a Treo 600.1, or 'hardware revision D' if you like.

PalmOne takes over Handspring. They are agast at the existing manufacturing facility in Mexico (or wherever) who can't produce them fast or cheap enough. So, they take the Handspring design, and wander over to China (or wherever Palm stuff is usually made) and tell them "build this". While they're at it, they might as well make a few minor specification changes - nothing major like WiFi, but MAYBE an improved screen.

This all takes time, hence the big supply shortages seen everywhere (except perhaps Sprint). The new version needs thorough testing so PalmOne don't look stupid. They roll out the new version in time for the T-Moblie launch, and we all get to see it around March.

OK, this is my theory, and I base it on rumor and speculation. But at least it doesn't have Elvis in it!
    Of all what I've read so far re: the 610, this one makes the most sense, or shall I say most probable/plausible scenario. (I am no psychic but I do have common sense.)

Aloha
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    WOW, I don't know if any of you were around when the speculation was flying about the kyocera 7135 features/release date, but this is extremely reminiscent...
    my bet is that there will be a treo 700 this summer.

it would make sense that palmone would move from the mexico site to china, but I have a feeling they won't make the upgrade just yet for some reason.

they will wait and let the treo 600 gain popularity. then when they think they have a bigger market, they will upgrade the design. they just have to "advertise " first ie. give a few away for free to celebrities and let the word spread first. then they will measure the size of the market interest for this type of phone. when they set the hook, then they will release a new model. just a hunch. we'll see
    Man, you guys are unreal. This TreoCentral board used to be a source of good information. Back when the 300 came out (and yes, I still have the 300), this board was essential reading. Now, it's amazingly juvenile.

I look at your 600 postings occasionally because I want to see when the next Treo will be released. But instead of getting the inside scoop, I get this kind of drivel.

I'll just wait for the official press release, thank you.
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    Man, you guys are unreal. This TreoCentral board used to be a source of good information. Back when the 300 came out (and yes, I still have the 300), this board was essential reading. Now, it's amazingly juvenile.

I look at your 600 postings occasionally because I want to see when the next Treo will be released. But instead of getting the inside scoop, I get this kind of drivel.

hey dave, where are your invaluable sources of information?

if youre going to pretentiously complain of such drivel, then you provide us with better insight. if you cant, then kindly shut the hell up

obviously, there IS no factual information out there about the next release so people are speculating. this is what takes place in forums. find us a place where you get more info about the next treo - surprise us! otherwise, when that info does come out, you`ll find it here. until then, push your choke back in.
    who, pray tell, do you think you are exactly?
    Last edited by treobk214; 02/17/2004 at 10:33 PM.
    Originally posted by MobileDave

Speaking of drivel, have you read a HS/P1 official press release? There is a great deal more truth in this thread than in one of those. They lie when the truth will do and are scrupulous never to say anything they can be held to. Of what use is an official press release from habitual liars? And I am not bitter either.
    Why is it that no matter how many of these "Treo 610" posts come out, I still read ALL 3 pages....
    Originally posted by GoodNamesRTaken

It's not like they need the horn of the elusive Bavarian unicorn to make the antenna.

It's pretty much just hard plastic.
    Thanks for the laugh!!!

Just say "the horn of the elusive Bavarian unicorn" in the same voice as the crocodile hunter, out loud! That's comedy!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast