Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by silverado
    Read about what a Palm Cafe is here.
    Or better yet, here
    I think I contribute quite a bit to these forums, thank you. But I try to contribute facts instead of rumors, guesses and wishful thinking. Just do a search on my posts if you don't believe me.
    Great reply, and I agree with you everyone is coming out of the woods with their own little inside information, makind the whole thing seem more and more false and making me more and more skeptical. Dont get me wrong I am really excited and hope (please god) that there is going to be a 610 coming out soon.
    and hope (please god) that there is going to be a 610 coming out soon.

You think God really gives a rip about your phone? Please.

my local Sprint PCS store told me the 610 will have not onlly 320x320 and BT, but also WiFi, an internal antenna, a removable battery (but unfortunately the need to shrink the battery to fit the same form factor will limit talk time to 30 minutes), built in voice dialing and a voice recorder.

I also heard of a heretofore unmentioned feature. A guy at my local store said the new model will also do a fine job of wiping your ***. I of course believe him because all these rumors have to be true. Why would anyone lie to us?

Better hold of on your purchase until this baby comes out!!

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    You know,

last time i read the FAQs from Handspring website, it said about WiFi and Bluetooth that they think it doesn't necessary for Treo 600 because it's a PHONE !!!

Anyway, I think they may thought wrong last time ...
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

My friend Uber Gnurd pulled out his Sanyo cell phone and under the light of his LED continuous flash took a movie of my face that was pretty darn decent. Movies are limited to 15 seconds or 30 seconds, pretty good! Then he emailed it to me. Not bad for a $ 195 phone!

The forum at www.dpreview.com is reporting that if one begs sonystyle they'll lower the price on their credit card sized Sony T1 camera with 5 megs and 2 inch LCD with 211,000 pixels (that's like 460 x 460 in a 2 inch display!) to $ 450, down $ 100 bucks. Get this, 1 in three operators will give the discount! Just like South America! The T1 also takes 640 x 480, 30 frames per second movies that look like a perfect camcorder!

Handy when Sony releases the P910 with Palm OS and keyboard.

Thank God for the coming 610! Pass the hi res!
    I love the ignore function on this board, it lets me chop off the WAG folks.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    What's wrong with you? You were gonna stay happy with 160 x 160? Shame on you! What kind of techie are you! I'm gonna call MIT and ask for the tuition money back for mom and dad.
  8.    #28  
    Who knows what that employee was looking at on his computer? It could have been one of the rumor "news" pieces we all read.
    Well, I've been pretty quite on this topic. But I guess I should share with you what I've heard from an ex palm employee. One that had a very high title. He is an ex palm (by choice) employee because of the treo and management's poor strategic positioning on the product. That's right. He says that they are End of Life-ing the Treo 600. They do not have the parts to continue manufacturing the most popular smartphone ever... Yup, when they launched the treo 600 they had no idea it would be this popular. They cannot produce these things fast enough, check around and you'll notice the shortage.

They are working on another smartphone, not based on the 600, details of which I do not know.

But from what I was told, there will not be a 610. In fact, the 600 won't likely last all that long because of the parts shortage.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong.
    Originally posted by Woof

I also heard of a heretofore unmentioned feature. A guy at my local store said the new model will also do a fine job of wiping your ***. I of course believe him because all these rumors have to be true. Why would anyone lie to us?

Better hold of on your purchase until this baby comes out!!

Woof
    No Woof, u got it all wrong, it's all about the jillian fries!
    Originally posted by Woof
    [B
    I also heard of a heretofore unmentioned feature. A guy at my local store said the new model will also do a fine job of wiping your ***. [/B]
    And it will be like wiping yourrr asssss wizz silk!
    Originally posted by meyerweb

I think I contribute quite a bit to these forums, thank you. But I try to contribute facts instead of rumors, guesses and wishful thinking. Just do a search on my posts if you don't believe me.

If I could think of something useful to contribute to these fantasy sessions, I would, but how can I top three people with "inside" information who say three completely different things? I guess I could make up a story that my local Sprint PCS store told me the 610 will have not onlly 320x320 and BT, but also WiFi, an internal antenna, a removable battery (but unfortunately the need to shrink the battery to fit the same form factor will limit talk time to 30 minutes), built in voice dialing and a voice recorder.

Now then, does that make you feel better?
    then don't say anything at all If you really believe there is no such thing, try to prove it without the amusement. I'm not saying you don't contribute from time to time in non relevant areas, I'm saying that everything tends to amuse you and that's not neccesairly the best thing to post. If something amuses you then laugh in your head, please don't post that you find things amusing.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by smartphone
    Well, I've been pretty quite on this topic. But I guess I should share with you what I've heard from an ex palm employee. One that had a very high title. He is an ex palm (by choice) employee because of the treo and management's poor strategic positioning on the product. That's right. He says that they are End of Life-ing the Treo 600. They do not have the parts to continue manufacturing the most popular smartphone ever... Yup, when they launched the treo 600 they had no idea it would be this popular. They cannot produce these things fast enough, check around and you'll notice the shortage.

They are working on another smartphone, not based on the 600, details of which I do not know.

But from what I was told, there will not be a 610. In fact, the 600 won't likely last all that long because of the parts shortage.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong.
    they paid 160 mill and turn around and can the the treo? i highly doubt it. also, it makes no sense that palmone is dropping the treo because they can not get the parts due to high demand. this flies in the face of common sense.

i don't doubt palmone is working hard to improve the smartphone, but dropping the treo line anytime soon makes little sense, but hey!
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600

then don't say anything at all If you really believe there is no such thing, try to prove it without the amusement. I'm not saying you don't contribute from time to time in non relevant areas, I'm saying that everything tends to amuse you and that's not neccesairly the best thing to post. If something amuses you then laugh in your head, please don't post that you find things amusing.
    AwwwMahhhhGawwwd!

Pull your boxers out your azz! If the man is amused, let him be amused. Who are you to come here whining about what someone else has to post about. I guess you think that telling him how you feel about his amusement, bought some valued productivity to your own post....huh?

Lets keep the BS to a minimum.....if he had said he agreed with your alledged theory of a 610 coming out, you wouldnt have felt the need to say anything about his "amusement." Yet, because he didnt agree, you wanna sit here and dis the man.

Grow up! And worry more about what you have to contribute. If you dont like something that is said, you have choices, either ignore it or step to a kiddie forum where you can whine all day!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    >Yup, when they launched the treo 600 they had no idea it would >be this popular. They cannot produce these things fast enough, >check around and you'll notice the shortage.

Not sure why most every carrier is offering them for $399 now, then.

Seems the market would actually be driving the prices up.

Companies don't keep as much inventory as they used to (which creates a shortage), but this doesn't mean that they can't be obtained in a reasonable amount of time.

What, exactly, is so hard to come by on the Treo 600? A 160x160 screen? The SD slot? The five-way button?

It's not like they need the horn of the elusive Bavarian unicorn to make the antenna.

It's pretty much just hard plastic.

The Treo is made with fairly standard consumer electronic components. It's put together well, but i'm not sure which parts would be in such short demand that they would be unable to keep making them.
    Hey, and look at what TreoCentral is saying in the right sidebar:

"Treo 600 in stock, shipping daily!
    Switch to Sprint PCS and buy a Treo 600 for only $399"

Not bad for a device in such short supply.
    Originally posted by silverado
    A PalmOne store employee in Boston said to my friend on Saturday that the Treo 610 will be "released" March 1st. My friend said the employee looked up the info on his computer. I consider my friend (who is a 7-year Palm developer) a trusted source so I am certain that he was told that by the employee.

Take it for what it's worth.
    If I have learned nothing else on TreoCentral, I have learned that there is no correlation whatsoever between what HS/P1 leaks and what they do. The scumbags just love to stir the pot.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Originally posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    Not sure why most every carrier is offering them for $399 now, then.

Seems the market would actually be driving the prices up.

The Treo is made with fairly standard consumer electronic components. It's put together well, but i'm not sure which parts would be in such short demand that they would be unable to keep making them.
    Err, not true actually. There IS a shortage, at least of the GSM version. Take a look at http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...fd2007311f185f are see that no-one has stock, and even the PalmOne website quotes at least a weeks shipping delay.

Prices HAVE gone up for unlocked Treos, from around $550 about a month ago, to over $600 now.

Another sign is that you can now pay around $700 for an unlocked 600 on eBay.
    I just came back from the Palm Cafe in Bethesda, Maryland. I told the Palm rep that I just bought a Treo 600 online and was concerned about a new rumored version I heard was coming out. He immediately countered back "...there is not a Treo 610 or 700. I have comfirmed it with Palm management and if there was there would most likely be a lynching at Palm headquarters by owners of the 600."

I cringe as I write this because I know that this only adds to the confusion.
    Originally posted by alamerican
    I just came back from the Palm Cafe in Bethesda, Maryland. I told the Palm rep that I just bought a Treo 600 online and was concerned about a new rumored version I heard was coming out. He immediately countered back "...there is not a Treo 610 or 700. I have comfirmed it with Palm management and if there was there would most likely be a lynching at Palm headquarters by owners of the 600."

I cringe as I write this because I know that this only adds to the confusion.
    No, it also adds to the buzz. The buzz is the point. What I am quoted as saying is not nearly so important as my name in the paper and how it is spelled. Everyone here seems to spell PalmOne correctly.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast