1.    #1  
    I am one of the lucky 400 T-Mobile Corporate clients to get their Treo 600 in January. I am a former Palm User and was on my fifth one (Tungsten C) when I decided go "convergent." I had difficulty initially in setting up my email on the software provided by Handspring. I can receive emails, but I can't send them. I am considering SnapperMail. I realize that SnapperMail is a fat client that allows attachments in as well as out.

What am I doing wrong on the outgoing emails?
    Originally posted by Cougar
    What am I doing wrong on the outgoing emails?
    Generally speaking, to send emails (i.e. SMTP server set up), you'd need a POP3 email program that does work with relay email setups (i.e. Treo 600 and such). I signed up with Softhome (www.softhome.net), and it is FREE. Then for receiving and sending email (POP SMTP), write:mail.softhome.net. Now you will be able to send emails. You can still receive emails from ALL your POP emails accounts regardless.
    Good luck, my antlers are crossed for you
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    cougar.

two possible reasons for smtp not working.

the isp you are connecting through (in this case t-mo) doesn't allow relaying.

the smtp server you are trying to connect to doesn't allow unknown IPs to connect to it. They may also provide a way to authenticate to get around this.

for the first issue, use myemail.t-mobile.com

for the second issue ask the service that provides your smtp if they have a way to authenticate to it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.