1.    #1  
    I am having a problems receiving SMS' from my wife's Treo 600. I have both sent and received on the day it was launched here in Raleigh, NC (2/10/04). After that day, both Treo's send the SMS message and it looks like it goes through, but it never shows up on either phone. Any ideas of what is going on with the Sprint Network? We can both recieve email SMS messages, so that tells me that it is NOT our phones, but a network issue or setting. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks, Jeremy
  2.    #2  
    I finally got a hold of a Sprint Tier 2 Vision rep last night and he said that it was an issue with how the SMS Server is seeing the phone. It thought it might be an authentication issue within the server for my wife's account. A support ticket was opened and I hope to here something back today. Thanks, Jeremy
    Hmmmmm....

That's weird. I got a friend that has a Treo 6 also but receives SMS messages good from me and vise versa. YOu do a hard reset or install the patch that came out a little while ago?

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I've done a hard reset and both phones are at the latest 1.10 firmware and PRL 10023.
    I had a little SMS conversation with my friend on his treo 600 last night after I discovered it was working in my area (South Florida), no problems. VERY surprised!
    Did you try a *18 for a closer tower??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  7.    #7  
    I did try *18 and it comes back with the same signal strentgh. Again, it is not the phone but a clitch in my wife's username in Sprint's servers. But since you mentioned *18, is there a list of codes the you could pass long to me or a link where I could go get them (i.e. *18, #377, #786, etc.)?
    Interesting. I to have had possible problems w/SMS. (Using the Treo600) I can send an SMS w/no problem, but there are times when the msg will be recieved almost instantly and then other times (like earlier today & then this evening) when I'll send my wife several msgs and none of them go through. Then when I call her (an hour or so later), all of a sudden all then msgs pop up on her phone. Actually the same thing happened in reverse, where she sent me msgs and with that same call all her msgs pop up on my phone.

Would this be a network traffic issue, or something like that? It was strange, and very annoying. I thought SMS msgs get sent instantly, thus the reason for a "chat" sessions thru SMS on the treo???
    In a thin section it often exhibits a fluidal structure, marked by the arrangement of microlites in the lines of the flow of the molten mass.
  9.    #9  
    It is suppose to work instantly, unless it gets stuck in Sprints Gateways. What is strange for me and it has been determined to be a Server issue with Sprint and my account and not a phone issue, is that I can send and receive SMS messages on my phone from any person's email address. I just can not send or recieve to another Treo or phone, only email address'. The ticket with Sprint is suppose to be resolved by Monday. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks, Jeremy
    Originally posted by Jeremym1
    It is suppose to work instantly, unless it gets stuck in Sprints Gateways. --- I just can not send or recieve to another Treo or phone, only email address'. The ticket with Sprint is suppose to be resolved by Monday. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks, Jeremy
    That not being able to send to another Treo/phone has gotta suck. Good luck on Monday

Well, so far today it has been pretty quick - near instant ... That's good.

obSdn
    In a thin section it often exhibits a fluidal structure, marked by the arrangement of microlites in the lines of the flow of the molten mass.
    Ok,...
    So today around 4pm I receive an SMS msg from my wife (from her Treo600 to my treo600). I respond. Then about 45 minutes later I send another SMS msg and then forget about it. When I get home, around 7pm, I find out that she didn't receive any of my messages. I send another one, test msg, right then. About Five minutes later she starts to connect to the internet and has to sign-on to the PCS Vision network... Several seconds later all my SMS msgs pop up on her phone! The two from earlier today and the test message! What the @#$# is going on?!? Is this a Treo6 problem or the sprint network? Does SMS ONLY work after one has signed-on to the SMS network?...

Has any one else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

obSdn
  12.    #12  
    I had similar issues yesterday as well, but because I was finally getting some messages to go through to my wife's treo, I just thought it was the Sprint guys working my open ticket withm them. It seemed to work fine last night and this morning, but I have noticed it is sporadic at times with most messages getting through, but not all. It is very strange and I hope it is all ironed out by official lanuch date. Thanks, Jeremy
    One of the T-mobile phones I have, for some reason, sends a +1 as its caller id. The other one does not. Both are Blackberries. I can SMS with one with no problem, with the other, I cannot reply to, but have to send it to the same phone number w/o the +1 ie....SMS 1 646 xxx xxxx as opposed to +1 646 xxx xxxx

]
  14.    #14  
    I discovered this yesterday as well. Don't use a 1 in front of the 10 digit number when SMS'ing someone. Only use their 10 digit number, regardless of local or long distance (North American Dialing Plan). This is something you can enable and disable at the Dial Preferences screen under Options. SMS is working great now. Thanks, Jeremy
    I have two treos in Los Angeles, both on separate accts. I have been having the same problem, not related to a 1 in front of the area code. It worked a little yesterday, then got spotty again. The days before I didnt receive any msgs that were generated by the treo, and vice versa/ My friends with other carriers dont get my msgs either. SUX. I opened two trouble tickets, cross ref eachother. Hope they get this fixed soon.
    Originally posted by Jeremym1
    ... It is very strange and I hope it is all ironed out by official lanuch date. Thanks, Jeremy
    When is the "official" Launch date ? I thought it was supossed to be Feb 1st.???
    Thnx

obSdn
    I have no idea what the official date is...I dunno if anybody does. Supposedly, you get free unl sms if u had a vision plan by Feb 3rd. The nation went live with SMS on Feb 15, I believe, and they cut off shortmail for two way text users on Feb 26...BUT....They started offering the service and charging full price even though the bugs arent worked out..are at least three dates rite there.