Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Soon this forum will break in half.

When the new hi res 610 comes in so many software, battery, resolution issues will mark a clear divide.

The many Treo 300 users who did not upgrade because the 600 was not seen as the time to move, the many 600 users who will not resist, will go to the newer hi res forum.

Those (of you, cause I'm leaving) who will insist in not losing your $ 600, and will continue insisting that the 600 is a business tool instead of a show piece will stay right here.

I bid you farewell in advance. Really I do not see how a new forum is avoidable, it makes no sense to have a forum where a 160 x 160 machine is talked about in the same forum as a 320 x 320 one.

And I will miss half of you too.

Any comments?
    Good by, farewell, so long, sorry you got cought up in the myth of a 610.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    What kind of jackass post is this? Please, don't wait for the 610 to come out (if it ever does), leave us now!! There's a section waiting for you in the dumbass forum.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Wow! I'm not saying the 610 is imminent! I am saying it is certain. But not necessarily by March or even December.

But one day it will happen. We all agree with that, right? Eventually.

My farewell was not for today, it is for the future, cause WHEN the hi res is announced and delivered half of us will leave and the other half will stay.

Some of us will not resist the hi res, some of us will discount it as show. That will break up the troops.
    What was the purpose of the original post?

I'm sure there will be a new hardware forum -when- a new version is released or announced. I would assume that the followon to the 600 will do the same.

Was that a goodbye, I will only be posting in the new model forum or was it to point this fact out?
    Originally posted by mgauss
    Wow!
    Wow.
    Simmer down, kids.

I, for one, don't think that a new iteration of the Treo will necessitate new boards at all. We've moved from the Visor to the Treos to the Treo 600s just fine. Unless the next Treo is a Combo Phone/PDA/Hang Glider, I think we'll be able to handle the differences just fine.
    Originally posted by mgauss
    But one day it will happen. We all agree with that, right? Eventually.

My farewell was not for today, it is for the future, cause WHEN the hi res is announced and delivered half of us will leave and the other half will stay.
    You know, with an open end like that, you are ganenteed to be proven right.... EVENTUALLY!!!

Hell, I'd expect to see Cable Modem speeds (1.5-3 mips!) in the next 5-10 years! I also expect to be able to controll my home made TiVo machine from my cell, & to be able to watch streaming TV shows on my cell as well!!!

I could be ANYWHERE in the US and watch any TV show that I wanted to. Or choose a pre-recorded show and watch it. While on vacation, without having to "Prep" the file first, just stream it to my phone.

I also expect to see higher resolution devices. Who sais that 320x320 is hi res, what about having a 640x640 screen on your PDA. Woulden't that kick ****! How about stereo speakers, Built in? Or maybe 1+gig internal memory?

Anything and everything is comming in the future. You just have to wait and see! Techonology is only limited by $$$$. That is right $$$ is the only limit to techonology! You could have ANYTHING custom built if you wanted it, but you would have to be willing to PAY for it. You could have a Treo 6xx built with a 320x320 screen, 64+mb internal ram, BlueTooth, WiFi, and every other toy everyone wished it came with... But would you be willing to pay the Thousands for a production release, or the hundereds of thousands or more for a custom job?

Thoes are my thoughts on this lame and useless thread.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    well this is a little off the norm, I have to say. I think septimus pretty much summed it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    And flying cars. EVENTUALLY, there'll be flying cars.
    --jaslo
    Hi MGauss,

Please supply me with info where to buy the treo 610 and I will walk with you.
    I don't understand the logic or motivation of people who hang around a phone Forum to knock it's phone. Doesn't make sense to me. If a product doesn't meet your standard, don't buy it or sell it on E-bay.

And I think that any forthcoming "Treo" phone would fit in fine in a "Treo Forum."
    Originally posted by peter017
    Hi MGauss,

Please supply me with info where to buy the treo 610 and I will walk with you.
    Ya, me too... and I'll even hold your hands ....and off we go to see the Wizard of Oz
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    Originally posted by septimus
    Simmer down, kids.

I, for one, don't think that a new iteration of the Treo will necessitate new boards at all. We've moved from the Visor to the Treos to the Treo 600s just fine. Unless the next Treo is a Combo Phone/PDA/Hang Glider, I think we'll be able to handle the differences just fine.
    Wait.

<sarcasm>This is pure genius, imagine being able to not just make phone calls, but organize your contacts, manage your schedule, play countless number of games, but then also HANG GLIDE?!? This would open up a whole range of customers, and they can use that space freed up by removing the stylus silo.</sarcasm>

Wait.

We can't do that, because then we'd have to start another forum.
    stupid

Moderater, close this string. No reason to allow a 13 year old to get kicks out of posting.
    Ya'll forgot something.......

That Mars vacation that you always wanted. Shuttle flights leave once a month.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Hmmm...perhaps this whole thread is a troll at work?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn

I also expect to be able to controll my home made TiVo machine from my cell, & to be able to watch streaming TV shows on my cell as well!!!
    This isn't far off with the release of Java for the treo combined with an upcoming client for Sage TV (i think myth can do this now, but I don't have the patience for linux)

I already recompress my 'friends' episodes to divx and keep a couple on my SD card for those boredom moments. Have to transfer those directly to the card, although I suppose I could automate this all with a script or two and download them from my website.