1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me what are the benefits. The camera does not interest me and I have an ipod so dont need an mp3 player so other than that what am I getting?

Also do a lot of texting so the keys are important. What is the keyboard like? I tried it in a store for a few seconds and was not impressed, my fingers kept sliding off the rounded keys, didnt seem to have as much accuracy as the 270.

Also are there any compatibilty issues for software or will I be able to bring all my 270 apps over. I am understanding that there is no grafitti also.

What has been other upgraders experience?
    Last edited by lplplpx3; 02/15/2004 at 10:05 PM.
    The 270 keyboard is nicer for extended text entry. However...

The 600 is _much_ faster
    The 600 has more memory
    The 600 can have self contained backup (backup buddy)
    The 600 is _much_ brighter
    The 600 lasts longer on a charge
    The 600 starts up faster
    The 600 resets faster

Most of your 270 apps will either migrate without problem or will have upgrades available for the 600. The only things that didn't translate were my beloved PQA's.

Oh.. and there IS graffitti ... it's just hidden. Get Graffitti Anywhere and it'll be back again.
  3.    #3  
    Is there a key lock/ num lock on the 600 and if so how easy is it to quickly unlock?
    Originally posted by lplplpx3
    Is there a key lock/ num lock on the 600 and if so how easy is it to quickly unlock?
    easy.

when kegaurd is active and you press one of the 4 hardeys, all you do is press the center button.

option+screen on/off activates keygaurd. this can also be timed event.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I did this upgrade back in November and I'm very happy with it. Two important benefits that were not mentioned by the other respondants:

1. Signal reception is better. I have the GSM version with T-Mobile service. Areas that were marginal before (like certain parts of my house) now have a strong signal. I suffer from fewer dropped calls.

2. Data service is much better. Downloads are faster (by about 20%). More importantly, I used to suffer from "stale connections" where I had to disconnect and reconnect to send and recv data via GPRS. This problem is virtually nonexistant with the T600.

Add to that better battery life, much better screen (brighter, smaller dot pitch, much more readable). Overall performance is way better. The only downside is the infamous speakerphone echo problem.

Can you tell I'm a fan?
    <I>1. Signal reception is better. I have the GSM version with T-Mobile service. Areas that were marginal before (like certain parts of my house) now have a strong signal. I suffer from fewer dropped calls.
    </i>

Yowsa! I hadn't even thought of that. Still awaiting the arrival of my TMobile unit. My house seems to be a dead zone. It's irritating as you know what constantly dropping calls in my home....
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.