Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I just tried the external battery and after a few hours the treo's battery info said it was empty. however after a few hours recharging it still says empty. I going to try over night. Has anyone recharged one of these things?
    I don't have one myself but read a post by another person which stated the battery had to be charged while connected to the Treo. Have you been charging it connected or on it's own?
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    That would make the external batter useless. The idea would be to recharge to external battery while using the internal one and thus keep going.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Here is the direct quote......................

Originally posted by dudemasicus
    When I received the battery yesterday, it indicated a 60% charge. So I plugged it into the wall and went about my business.

This morning I put it back on my Treo and it still shows a 60% charge. So I plugged the phone with the battery into the wall and it indicated that the external was charging.

It appears as though the external battery must be connected to the phone to charge. Not what I was expecting, but I'll work around it....
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I can't seem to slip my Treo 600 into the external battery. I've tried to push it into the slot but the battery's connector doesn't connect to my Treo.

Is there a trick to getting the external battery and Treo 600 to connect?

--Bill
    Mine slides through and connects just fine. I don't do anything special to attach it.

So you're saying the battery's connector part doesn't even partially go inside the hotsync/charge port of your Treo? It just totally misses the port?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Originally posted by TR30
    Mine slides through and connects just fine. I don't do anything special to attach it.

So you're saying the battery's connector part doesn't even partially go inside the hotsync/charge port of your Treo? It just totally misses the port?
    Thanks for your reply. Once I read that it should slide in easily, I figured that I had been sliding in my Treo 600 at an angle; pushing it straight down did the trick.

But now I'm having a different problem. The Treo and the external battery seem to slip into the cradle, but the battery doesn't register. That is, the battery seats into the cradle and the external battery shows up on the Treo's screen, but there's no evidence that the battery is mated to the cradle. I can't hotsync and the battery doesn't appear to be charging.

The external battery does charge if it's connected to a car charger or AC charger without the cradle, but in the cradle there's no connection. Is there some trick to seating the external battery in the cradle?
    Originally posted by badler

Thanks for your reply. Once I read that it should slide in easily, I figured that I had been sliding in my Treo 600 at an angle; pushing it straight down did the trick.

But now I'm having a different problem. The Treo and the external battery seem to slip into the cradle, but the battery doesn't register. That is, the battery seats into the cradle and the external battery shows up on the Treo's screen, but there's no evidence that the battery is mated to the cradle. I can't hotsync and the battery doesn't appear to be charging.

The external battery does charge if it's connected to a car charger or AC charger without the cradle, but in the cradle there's no connection. Is there some trick to seating the external battery in the cradle?
    It's not designed to fit on the cradle.
    Quick question: Does the external battery replicate the charge/sync port & headphone jacks on the bottom of the T600, or is it cut out to allow connection of these devices?

The reason I'm asking is it might do double duty as a car cradle.

tdh
    Originally posted by tdhood
    Quick question: Does the external battery replicate the charge/sync port & headphone jacks on the bottom of the T600, or is it cut out to allow connection of these devices?

The reason I'm asking is it might do double duty as a car cradle.

tdh
    A car cradle? Haha! Not a bad idea.

Well to answer your question, the external battery replicates the charge/sync port, but the headphone jack is a cut out.
    What type of additional time/usage are you getting with external battery?
    Originally posted by Advance The Man
    What type of additional time/usage are you getting with external battery?
    I'm getting way more time usage with the external battery attached. I had both batteries (internal and external) fully charged early last Friday, used my T600 all weekend long without charging (talking, reading/writing emails, surfin the web, text messaging) and by Monday morning I was still getting a good amount of battery life left.

I haven't tested it all the way til both batteries died down, but it seems the advertised "3 additional talk time hours" is right on the dot.