Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    #21  
    1.) installed to ram.
    2.) tap and hold cube icon (speakmemo). It's probably under your unfiled tab
    3.) choose move to card
    4.) select options a.)move app and related db's, and b.) create shortcut
    5.) zlauncher will move it and then you can categorize the shortcut icon under whichever tab you'd like.
  2. #22  
    Maybe I did something wrong, but I've got two programs -- one that reads memo and one that only reads the Gettysburg Address. Is that just a demo? Should I just delete it? Is there a way to make my own files of similar nature?
  3. #23  
    I got the same result as above. Two programs.
  4. #24  
    anyone discover a way to control the volume?
  5. #25  
    It would be cool if this could read the name of the address book entry of an incoming call!

    Talking caller ID!
  6. #26  
    I've actually copied and pasted some text from various ebooks I have installed into pSpeak and it actually works decent! Although the memo limit is a pain! Boy this thing has soooo much potential...I just wish there was a way to hack it to read text from other apps like snappermail, DTG and palmreader...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #27  
    Originally posted by maswell
    It would be cool if this could read the name of the address book entry of an incoming call!

    Talking caller ID!
    hey, this is a good idea... there really are so many ways for this application to expand and become THE killer application.
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I've actually copied and pasted some text from various ebooks I have installed into pSpeak and it actually works decent! Although the memo limit is a pain! Boy this thing has soooo much potential...I just wish there was a way to hack it to read text from other apps like snappermail, DTG and palmreader...
    it would be great for the program to alert you vocally when an important email has arrived. you could program speak memo to tell you when your boss forwarded you a message, etc.

    developers could really make this program take off with some additional features... i think most people would come to use it everyday as an essential app. when these qualities are built in.
  9.    #29  
    you could listen to your notes from class while in the car going home, helping you retain what youve just learned.

    you could use it to help you study for exam, prepare for speeches, listen to the cnn news rather than having to read about it.

    voice alarms... ex.. bill you have a doctors apptmt at 3pm today, dont forget to bring your insurance forms,,, etc..

    what a super possibility! hopefully we will see these capabilities soon.
  10. #30  
    Ok, I need some help. I clicked on the PSpeak Icon on my Treo and it sounds like a Martian making a political statement and a blank screen.

    So I click on my memo pad thinking there's a link or option on the drop down menu- nothing.

    I saw no user guide on the download site.

    So how do I get this to work?

    Tks in advance.
  11.    #31  
    Originally posted by TurboTiger
    Ok, I need some help. I clicked on the PSpeak Icon on my Treo and it sounds like a Martian making a political statement and a blank screen.

    So I click on my memo pad thinking there's a link or option on the drop down menu- nothing.

    I saw no user guide on the download site.

    So how do I get this to work?

    Tks in advance.
    there are 2 speak memo icons. click on the icon with the blue box above the words speak memo and it will list around 200 or so of your memos. tap on a memo and it will open up. the one you heard was the demo of the declaration of independence i believe. tap the other icon and it will work
  12. #32  
    Tks treobk214.

    Unfortunately, I only have one icon. I'll download again and hotsync and give it another go.

    Tks again
  13. #33  
    Still having the same problem. I downloaded the zip file and install all three file as the web site indicated.

    I still only have one icon on my Treo 600 and it's the demo voice and not the one I need.

    Anyone have anyidea what I'm doing wrong?
  14. #34  
    OK. I saw this thread and copied all of the prc and pdb files to my sd card in the Launcher directory (I have zLauncher). None seem to work. Do I need to copy something into RAM or what? I copied them direct with my card reader, not by synch. I tried copying the Pspeak prc and pdb to RAM and it didn't do anything. And I tried copying SpeakMemo to RAM and for a little while it read a couple words and then gave me an error and then stopped altogether. Help?!
  15. #35  
    I thought I'd try one other thing and it was fatal. I created directories for each app (Pspeak, SpeakMemo and BookReader) in the Zlauncher apps subdirectory on my SD card and then copied the appropriate files into each. When I tried launching SpeakMemo and BookReader each one caused a reset which brought up the Palm logo screen and just froze like that. I had to do a hard reset and restore my device both times. UGH! Any ideas?
  16. #36  
    I installed the files. It will notread more than trhe first 1-2 words.
  17. #37  
    I only hear the word "hello" after a long pause and there's an error under the Volume bar that says below threshold (two squares) NV"
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18. #38  
    Same here... it will read the first word then stop...
    some text appears just below the volume slider: below threshold [][]NV

    The pspeak app said, "hello this is pspeak" once then goes away. Subsequent times i run it it shows the error above again along with a blip of sound.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by shallow
    Same here... it will read the first word then stop...
    some text appears just below the volume slider: below threshold [][]NV

    The pspeak app said, "hello this is pspeak" once then goes away. Subsequent times i run it it shows the error above again along with a blip of sound.

    I get the same thing except that all I hear with pspeak is "hello this i"
  20. adz1966's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #40  
    same thing here. reads first few words then right below volume the words " below threshhold" then what looks like a book symbol, then "NV".
    could someone who got it to work please tell all of us who didn't how to do it step by step?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions