1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if SnapperMail works with IMAP email?
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Snappermail has been promissing IMAP as a coming enhancement since it first shipped. No, it does not currently support IMAP and the outlook looks pretty bleak.

Dunc
    Originally posted by m00se
    Does anyone know if SnapperMail works with IMAP email?
    it doesn't now, but will in version 2.0.

no eta on 2.0 but sometime in first quarter.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    My email service is imap and Snappermail works with it. Don't understand why, but it does.
    Laissez Faire
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by prubin
    My email service is imap and Snappermail works with it. Don't understand why, but it does.
    How did you configure your IMAP with Snapper? I assume under "POP Server," you plugged in your IMAP email configurations? Tell more
    -Mark Twain
    No, no. Snapper doesn't support IMAP now. It's just that most IMAP servers also allow POP3 access...

BTW, Chatter will be far more functional in some regards than Snapper's IMAP implementation (at least this year)... ;-)

Marc
    BTW, Chatter will be far more functional in some regards than Snapper's IMAP implementation
    I'd love to give IMAP a whirl Marc, have you gotten the issues we were fighting last week worked out yet?

Dunc
    I don't remember what they were, honestly. But IMAP has come a long way in the past few months.

Marc
    The version (1.0.6b43) you had me try last week was causing my Treo to hang (requiring a soft reset) each time it tried to poll my IMAP server.

Dunc
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by mblank
    ...BTW, Chatter will be far more functional in some regards than Snapper's IMAP implementation (at least this year)... ;-)
    Marc
    Hi Marc
    So Chatter will work with the Treo 600? GSM or CDMA? I tested Chatter for Treo 270 way back and loved Chatter. Can't wait.
    -Mark Twain
    How did you configure your IMAP with Snapper? I assume under "POP Server," you plugged in your IMAP email configurations? Tell more

Yes, I just put in the imap configurations. I guess my server supports pop3 as well as imap; I am fairly ignorant. It sedems worth a try though.
    Laissez Faire
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by prubin Yes, I just put in the imap configurations. I guess my server supports pop3 as well as imap; I am fairly ignorant. It sedems worth a try though.
    What IMAP do you use if I may ask?
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by m00se

What IMAP do you use if I may ask?

at my job, we use gw, and you can connect via both imap and pop3.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.