1.    #1  
    We should organize sites with short mp3 clips. Would be easier to grab that instead of having to create your own ringtones everytime.

I remember Mol (I think?) posted the link to this site. I couldn't find the original thread though...

The site itself isn't too bad but it doesn't seem to be updated :P

Anyone got more? Link here!

Ring..songs?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I think this is a great idea! I have some I would like to contribute.

Kirby
    I was just thinking about this. Of course, the one major concern is copyright violations, but I'm sure there are a number of sounds out there for which there is no current copyright that we could use.

One thing I was considering was a little script to reencode mp3s down to a more reasonable level for ring tones. The speaker is so poor on the troe600 that my usual 128-192 kb encoding is way overkill. I wonder how 64 or even 32 would sound... would sure save space on the sd card.

Also, the script could automatically trim the mp3 down in terms of length so that the file is at most 5 seconds longer than it takes for a caller to get to voice mail. dd works nicely for this.

Someone could probably get snazzy and code up something in php to accept an mp3 or wav on a web form, reencode to user inputted values, and spit out the result. I'd do it myself if I had more time, but I've got enough coding projects as it is to keep me busy for all eternity :-P

Jeff
  4.    #4  
    Well of course, that would be provided someone has the bandwidth to provide. lol...
    Actually, this already exists. Wave Central, www.wavecental.com has tons of existing clips you can use. Although most of these used to be wave files, the've converted the majority to be MP3 files. Just head on over and download!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    Actually, this already exists. Wave Central, www.wavecental.com has tons of existing clips you can use. Although most of these used to be wave files, the've converted the majority to be MP3 files. Just head on over and download!
    Hmm... I believe you meant www.wavcentral.com
    Yup, sorry about the misspelling!
  8.    #8  
    Ehh, but I believe most people want music, not quotes or sound effects.
    That could be, although I prefer voice or sound effects clips to songs. For songs you legally own, it's fairly simple, you can open an MP3 in QuickTime Pro, edit it down to the part you want, save it was a AIFF file, then open that in iTunes and convert to MP3. Works great, I've done it many times.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Originally posted by middle_man
    We should organize sites with short mp3 clips. Would be easier to grab that instead of having to create your own ringtones everytime.

I remember Mol (I think?) posted the link to this site. I couldn't find the original thread though...

The site itself isn't too bad but it doesn't seem to be updated :P

Anyone got more? Link here!

Ring..songs?
    Here's the thread.

Includes a link to my own site with some ringtones. Feel free to PM me if you want me to post yours.
    I wanted to see how I can change my ring tone to a mp3 file. I have downloaded and trnasfered a number of file to my treo 600, but do not see them in my tone option. Sorry for the basic question - thanks for any help
    There's several apps out there to do this. Off the top off my head, do a search for Lightwav. You may want to look at Callfilter too.
    I've posted this site once before, but I'll do it again:

http://home.btconnect.com/Frossard/tony/dialtones.htm
    Originally posted by middle_man
    Ehh, but I believe most people want music, not quotes or sound effects.
    Ehh, speak for yourself. I have several friends who have MP3 ring-tone capability and none of them want/like music as a ring-tone.