1.    #1  
    Hey guys!

I'm a editor over at mobileslash.com. We do a lot of case reviews (We do not sell a single thing ). And we just finished the Treo 600 case review. The case is made by Krusell. We have about 5 other cases we will have up for review then we will be giving them all away.

http://www.mobileslash.com/cms_view_article.php?aid=19

There is the link to the review. Also if you have any questions about any cases please ask. I have two Brando cases, Two Covertech Cases, Two Krusell Cases.

So please ask away
    Whats to ask? except, send one to me, the Krussel would be fine thanks
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by scudder
    Whats to ask? except, send one to me, the Krussel would be fine thanks
    lol, I wish I could but I only have 2 krusell cases to give away. So if you sign up at www.mobileslash.com and then once I announce the giveaway you can sign up.
    Nice review.

I have a hard time using this case due to the plastic on the screen. But I love the protection it provides.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 02/14/2004 at 11:11 AM.
    I just got one, and funnily enough agree with EVERYTHING you say, except that it is possible, just quite difficult, to use the stylus on my new case!

As with all these types of cases, the front plastic gets scratched easily by your car keys.

I have the GSM version, so don't have the bulge problem.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Cyril
    I just got one, and funnily enough agree with EVERYTHING you say, except that it is possible, just quite difficult, to use the stylus on my new case!

As with all these types of cases, the front plastic gets scratched easily by your car keys.

I have the GSM version, so don't have the bulge problem.
    Yea I wish I had the GSM version to test this case with. The case is awesome, Krusell seems to give pretty much what the users want.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi, I also registered at mobileslash so may sign up after your review. I have a Sprint Treo 600 so will have to deal with the "mis-alignment". A co-worker (we both work for Sprint) cut out the plastic covering his keyboard. We are both deaf so use the keyboard more than the phone features. I would like to know if tehre is a case that points the phone display/screen INWARD towards your body or at least covers that so it isnt easily scratched or damaged. Thanks.
    Ken Arcia - deaf Treo user
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by kenarcia
    Hi, I also registered at mobileslash so may sign up after your review. I have a Sprint Treo 600 so will have to deal with the "mis-alignment". A co-worker (we both work for Sprint) cut out the plastic covering his keyboard. We are both deaf so use the keyboard more than the phone features. I would like to know if tehre is a case that points the phone display/screen INWARD towards your body or at least covers that so it isnt easily scratched or damaged. Thanks.
    Well heres the thing, Covertech and Krusell both make cases that cover the screen. Problem being, using the stylus isnt very fun. I would recommend, in your case, getting a slip case. I got a slip case from Covertech and Brando. Brando's slip case is really nice and so is Covertechs.

Being deaf you wouldnt mind anything being un-aligned, which gives you more options such as the Covertech Form Fitting or the Krusell Form Fitting.

If I were you I would get Krusell Flip style ase with Brando Screen Protectors. Here is why:

The flip style doesnt cover the keyboard or screen when its open, but it does protect the device when the flip part of the case is down, and it does it very darn well. The case holds the Treo 600 in place very well and will protect it if you drop it to a extent. The brando screen protectors are the best IMO. I go through tons of screen protectors to test and Brando is w/ out a doubt the best. They are washable, and reuseable. PLUS they are very cheap. Being that you use the keypad a lot, get the Krusell Flipstyle case. It would be your best bet. The keypad is open and you can easily type with it.

If you have any more question please ask away
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    2nd review in response to the first one I read above...

This is a great case. However, I have had this case for the past two months and have had to make some mods to it so that it was usable.

The first thing I had to do was cut the hole over the earpiece to be a little larger since the bulge causes the speaker hole to hide behind the plastic.

The other thing I had to do was cut the hole of the headset jack to be a little larger since the original hole was too small and the headphones would not plug in all the way.

As far as the openings on top of the case, everything lines up perfectly and the bottons are easily accessable.

As far as the mic being covered up, it is not an issue since the zipper actually runs over the mic hole and doubles as a wind screen. There is no obstruction of sound while you are talking and it actually helps on windy days.

The issue with the plastic over the screen is another thing. Over time, it has losened up, but since I keep my Treo in my front pocket, when I pull it out, the plastic from the cover is adheared to the Treo's actual screen. You have to make sure that the plastic is not touching after you pull it out of your pocket or it will confuse the touch screen.
    Typing on the plastic over the keyboard is a dream and makes the ability to type on the Treo much easier. Those that complain that the plastic makes it harder to type must have very small fingers. I, personally, have to use my fingernails to type and the plastic makes it so much easier and quicker. Using the center of the D-pad is easier to since you no longer have to deal with that chrome-slippery button.

The stylus is useless with this cover on, as mentioned. In fact, I took an extra step and actually stuck a screen protector to the front of the plastic on the outside of the cover to keep the cover from getting scratches since I have to use my fingers most of the time now.

The clip that comes with it is horrible. They have several other clips for sale that you can order with it that work a ton better. I ordered the one the resembles what Motorola put on their phones and it works awesome.

The lack of a hole for the SD is no biggie since I keep my card in 90% of the time anyway.

All-in-all, I really think this is the best case out there (form-fitting or not) for the Treo. I've dropped my phone several times and this case has done a wonderful job of protecting it and keeping water off of it (I am a photographer, working outside quite often in harsh conditions). I even put Rain-X on the plastic so water would bouce of the plastic face. I know this sounds silly, but it works great!!!!

Would I buy it again???

Yes.

-Ayrow
    www.ayrow.com
    I just picked up the Krussell case via eBay since treocentral.com was out. I was thinking about just cutting the screen protection away since I use screen protectors. Thoughts on this?
    Thanks, Adam.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by shreksbrother
    I just picked up the Krussell case via eBay since treocentral.com was out. I was thinking about just cutting the screen protection away since I use screen protectors. Thoughts on this?
    Thanks, Adam.
    Well it depends on who you are. I know a lot of people who "live" with the plastic on and really dont care, but if it were me I would. Cutting the plastic would be pretty hard since its all one piece in the front. I would give it a shot, but dont jump into it if your not willing to buy another case if you screw up lol. One thing you guys can do is contact Krusell and give them some ideas. They are great with implimenting what the users want. I found this out after doing a review about a case that left the corners open on the Ipaq 2215 and they came out with a revised version (Im sure it wasnt my review that made the decision, but all of you users that e-mailed them and asked for a fully enclosed case).

If you guys like I can try to see if they will design a custom made case as I talk to the owner of Krusell once in a while. I dont know what his policies are about that, but if anyone wants to design a case that can work with the Multi-dapt system then go for it.

Thanks guys!
  12.    #12  
    Okay,

I found out the best case to take the plastic off of is Covertech, because the plastic is much easier to cut and it has a design that allows this to happen. I would deff take a look at that case if you want to cut the plastic off.
    I received the Krussell in the mail today and it is definitely a nice case (from what I can tell so far). I trimmed the plastic away from the screen, and it seems like it'll be fine, but only time will tell.
    Adam.
    The flip style doesnt cover the keyboard or screen when its open, but it does protect the device when the flip part of the case is down, and it does it very darn well. The case holds the Treo 600 in place very well and will protect it if you drop it to a extent. The brando screen protectors are the best IMO. I go through tons of screen protectors to test and Brando is w/ out a doubt the best. They are washable, and reuseable. PLUS they are very cheap. Being that you use the keypad a lot, get the Krusell Flipstyle case. It would be your best bet. The keypad is open and you can easily type with it.
    Can someone send a link to this flipcase? Unless, this information is incorrect, the krusell flipcase at treocentral does cover the keyboard.
    Originally posted by CmdrGuard

Can someone send a link to this flipcase? Unless, this information is incorrect, the krusell flipcase at treocentral does cover the keyboard.
    http://www.pcs-ltd.com/store/product...roducts_id=654