Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As there are still some motherfuqqers who are selling the unlock solution for the treo 600 on eBay (for even USD 50!!!), I will supply the unlock patch this weekend again for free. Mol for President!

http://www.vanderleur.net/patched.zip

Just give some money to a good cause. May the force be with you.
    Hey, why not post your stuff on ebay and counter the feckers that are selling. I have done so on the uk site and will continue to repeat the add until they stop... they cannot be getting much business, and I am getting more emails than I would like about it saying thanks... and the odd one who has had problems (always read the instructions) but with my limited know how i have solved their glitches.
  3.    #3  
    Good idea, but i don't have a shop on eBay yet. How did YOU do it? Maybe i should just reger to the treocentral site?
    I had one guy actually buying the item (which was really just saying: go to TreoCentral and get the free patch) from me for $0.01. But at least he left me good feedback
    peter, you dont need a shop on ebay to sell.. just register (free) and go to sell. It might cost you about 0.55 to do this for 10 days, but I think it is worth it to **** off the folk who are selling someone's freeware (now who could that be LOL).
    Lets stop the exploitation of the goat thang! and concentrate on finding a pure unlock code... which I notice has had no takers.

PS I stupidly set my first ad as buy now.. at 0.01 and someone did the dirty to get rid of the ad, still not received my 1 pence from the guy... but I aint posting bad feedback... nice of him to reciprocate
    Does anyone have directions for this download?
    http://www.techwarelabs.com/communi...pic.php?p=38607
    Is there something wrong with your search facility LOL
    but there you go... do follow the instructions correctly, and use the 'firmware upgrade' icon to run programme even though it might only be a short icon name - as in 'Firmw...'
    Remember, read the instructions... and you are freeeeeeeeee
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, I will try to do the eBay thing later today.

update: just did it!

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3078389836
    Last edited by peter017; 02/14/2004 at 07:57 AM.
    I am sitting here grinning from ear to ear since I have finally managed to unlock my Orange Uk Treo!

I got hold of the file before, but fomr some reason it just didn't work for me. Tonight I followed the above link and thought I'd give it another go (and why not?!) For some reason it all worked as planned, and I can now use it in Spain with my Spanish Vodafone SIM card (I tested it with that, and a UK Vodafone prepay SIM - it all works just so incredibly beautiful!)

THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS POSSIBLE. I SALUTE YOU ALL!!!
    I agree with you about that. They not suppose to sell it on the website for that much of money. That's A LOT !!!

Anyway, should I post it on the EBAY.COM also? Does yours listing on EBAY.COM?

UPDATE: Oops .. I just found it. It just ... the translated version of ebay, lolz
    OK, I'm a newbie. What does unlocking the Treo mean?
    Originally posted by xrayvision
    OK, I'm a newbie. What does unlocking the Treo mean?
    Most often Treos are sold by some mobile carrier (like Orange, Sprint) and can only be used with that company (at least for a given time, e.g. 12 or 24 months) - they are "locked" to that company. After administering the unlock procedure to a locked Treo, it is unlocked and can be used with (a SIM card of) any mobile carrier.
    I know, I know...I am probably to retarded to use a treo...but in case someone has sympathy - how exactly do I free my t600 with an apple osx...i've unzipped the p.tch folder and have now one million files in a folder.
    Do I just shove 'em all into hotsync or do i somehow need to transfer them to the sd card....
    please................
    I know, I know...I am probably to retarded to use a treo...but in case someone has sympathy - how exactly do I free my t600 with an apple osx...i've unzipped the p.tch folder and have now one million files in a folder.
    Do I just shove 'em all into hotsync or do i somehow need to transfer them to the sd card....
    please................and sorry for posting another thread regarding this...i just didn't understand the other ones..
    Originally posted by clulup
    Most often Treos are sold by some mobile carrier (like Orange, Sprint) and can only be used with that company (at least for a given time, e.g. 12 or 24 months) - they are "locked" to that company. After administering the unlock procedure to a locked Treo, it is unlocked and can be used with (a SIM card of) any mobile carrier.
    I, too, am new to this concept so forgive my ignorance. So, if I have Sprint, then unlock my Treo, I could use another network like GSM? How would this affect my billing, minutes, etc? Also, would this work if I travel to Europe? Thanks for indulging my lack on knowledge on this topic!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Just follow Mol's instructions, they are not platform specific, will work on Mac or Winbloze! I used them and it worked flawlessly, and i'm on OS X.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    No, your Treo 600 radio is either CDMA or GSM.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Ok, so I can only use CDMA. How would that affect the billing if I was on another CDMA network? And what other carriers are CDMA besides Sprint?

Thx.
    I have downloaded the unlocking software but the link given for a place to get directions is not working??? How can I access directions for this task?

THANKS!
    Back up handheld to PC
    Hard reset
    Open the zip file and transfer the 40 files either to your SD card (or if no card reader, do the slow method of transfer by hotsync)
    Ensure handset is connected to mains power.
    Run the file called 'Firmware' (this may be abreviated to 'Firmw...')
    This will ask if you are sure you want to run the upgrade... accept.
    DO not touch anything until it has completed and hard reset. This will take up to 10 minutes.
    Job done.
    Now restore your files from PC to Handheld by altering the Hotsync set up to 'system' Desktop overwrites Handheld'

Good luck
    Last edited by scudder; 02/20/2004 at 04:58 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast