1.    #1  
    Download page in Italian

Hopefully somebody can provide a translation of the instructions, in particular about warranty and which Treo devices are officially supported for this upgrade.

Note: this is the same firmware version that has been around for more than a month already.
    Originally posted by Mol
    Download page in Italian

Hopefully somebody can provide a translation of the instructions.

Here is the translation:

FIRMWARE UPDATE
    Version 02.09, released on december 11 2003

Please check that V. 02.09 is not already installed on your Treo 600 first.

Open the Phone application and make sure wireless is on

Press 'Menu' and choose option. Then select 'Phone info'.

Check the installed firmware version.

Click here if firmware release is older than 02.09

-------------- Next page ----------------
    The firmware update improves general performances of the machine.
    In this page you may download the latest updated firmware (02.09 released on december 11 2003)

Insert your first name, last name, email and your Treo 600 IMEI** to continue with the download.

First Name: ---------------
    Last Name: ---------------
    Email address: ------------
    IMEI: ----------------

You can install the updated firmware in two ways:
    - directly from your computer
    - from an SD card (32MB SD and SD adapter required)

NOTES:
    ** The IMEI number is printed on the back of the Treo. Near the barcode (e.g. 010212222252227).
    - The downloaded file size is 6 MB, make sure to complete the download before starting the installation.
    is this firmware update for sprint phones as well
    Originally posted by blondegoalie
    is this firmware update for sprint phones as well
    nope. gsm only.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    hi !

...i'm on ORANGE in france; is this update legal here or it will void my warranty ?

what is handspring france waiting for ?

...i don't have major issues at the moment so i won't taking a chance to void my warranty for little or nothing; just would like to know if you "french" members here have updated and if you think it's worth it...

...and if you see any forthcoming update from handspring france... (maybe you exchanged mail with them already...)

THX for your replies...

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Riccio... Can you please translate the page at the download button page which has full instructions on HOW to download and install the new firmware.

Thansk.
  7.    #7  
    It doesn't recognize my iIMEI.

Re the question about Orange France users:I've upgraded mine early December and so did a number of other Orange France users here. Some of us including me went back to 2.08 because we felt that version appears to be more stable.
    The site doesn't recognize my IMEI either - go figure?

You think FW 2.08 works better huh Mol? In what way is it more stable?
    Originally posted by Mol
    It doesn't recognize my iIMEI.

Re the question about Orange France users:I've upgraded mine early December and so did a number of other Orange France users here. Some of us including me went back to 2.08 because we felt that version appears to be more stable.
    From my 2 Treos it recognized one IMEI. I downloaded and installed it. Eveything fine. Had 2.08 before. Don't find any differences... My Treo still resets sometimes out of the blue..

Love-Hate-relationships, this is one of them
    --
    Manfred
    Originally posted by Felipe

nope. gsm only.
    Just got my new Cingular-based Treo from Handspring. I've noticed that my current version is 2.02. If I'm correct in assuming that the 2.09 is the latest, how come Handspring/PalmOne does not officially publish or notify the customers on these updates. Will it invalidate the warranty if applied. Are there risks involved in these patches?

Gracias for helping a newbie
    Danno
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    Originally posted by AlohaDan

Just got my new Cingular-based Treo from Handspring. I've noticed that my current version is 2.02. If I'm correct in assuming that the 2.09 is the latest, how come Handspring/PalmOne does not officially publish or notify the customers on these updates. Will it invalidate the warranty if applied. Are there risks involved in these patches?

Gracias for helping a newbie
    Danno
    it might, but I doubt they would een ask what the firmware was if you called for help.

there are couple of threads (i believe in the worldwide gsm forum) that discuss the risks from users who installed the update when it was only a beta.

ppl have seen improvements in some areas. I haven't installed it because I'm waiting for it to be officially be released from handspring USA.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Since this is my first palm in oh I say 4 years or so. Do they actually release updates and since it is a phone/pda will it affect the gsm/gprs side of things. Also will there be fewer updates since we are in the US and the cell vendors here are all nazis when it comes to firmware upgrades.

Just my questions here.
    Note to self: Why don't you ever listen to me?