Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LightWav 1.1a now supports individual mp3/ogg/wave sounds for individual contact for ringtones. It will work with your favorite contact list too (mp3/ogg requires PocketTunes 2.1 and higher)

LightWav is system utility to replace midi alarms with any wav/mp3/ogg, use any wav/mp3/ogg files for ringtones, set sound file for individual appoints in datebook.

download the trial version now at www.toysoft.ca

Be cool. go with Lightwav and amaze your friends.
    Originally posted by smiley88
    LightWav 1.1a now supports individual mp3/ogg/wave sounds for individual contact for ringtones. It will work with your favorite contact list too (mp3/ogg requires PocketTunes 2.1 and higher)

LightWav is system utility to replace midi alarms with any wav/mp3/ogg, use any wav/mp3/ogg files for ringtones, set sound file for individual appoints in datebook.

download the trial version now at www.toysoft.ca

Be cool. go with Lightwav and amaze your friends.
    Sweet! I haven't tried LightWav yet because of its unability to set individual mp3 ringtones for each contact. But now that you got this feature implemented, I'm definitely gonna try it out, and most likely buy the beast! Thanks for the great work and support that you have been providing to us T|C and T600 users!!
    I've already got 10 assigned... my friends are jealous as hell of the Treo more than ever now
    I have several MP3's on the card and a few Wav files on the card but the demo version is not listing any files at all? Am I missing something?
    You aint gotta lie to Kick it !
  5.    #5  
    the demo only shows files that are less than 1meg. try installing some waves in the wavefiles folder in the zip file or download shorter mp3.
    I tried the waves in the treo folder and the waves in the uncompressed folder that was provided. Still no dice. But I will try a MP3 smaller than a meg and see if that shows up.
    The small mp3's didn't show up either.
  8.    #8  
    do you have pocketTunes 2.1 or higher installed? and you have "Always use pocketTunes" checked in lwav Prefs?
    yes and yes.
  10.    #10  
    send email to support@toysoft.ca and i will help you.
    SuperVTX1800,
    This is a simple thing, but it left me scratching my head a couple of times. You need to make sure the "Search sounds in:" menu in preferences is set correctly. More than one time I thought the program had gone haywire when this was the actual problem. Hope this helps.
    i just purchased... can't pass up being able to set "Mother" by the Police as ringtone for my mother
    leadtrumpetdave,
    That was exactly what it was. Once I set it to "entire card". I was good to go. And ofcourse I found that in the manual after we had cleared it up through emails. Maybe the default setting should be set to search "entire card" instead of "/audio"
    Originally posted by rswst8
    i just purchased... can't pass up being able to set "Mother" by the Police as ringtone for my mother
    Heh! That's a good idea. I use the chorus from Cheap Trick's Surrender; "Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weeeeeerd."

Of course, my default is Allison by Elvis Costello.
    Questions..

Requests?
    How soon till the unit will support snappermail to make a custom sound for incomming mail?

How soon till a silent sound gets inserted into the default sound if a custom wav or mp3 is assigned.

Bugs?
    why does the sound file list contain several wav files for snapper items that are 0 bytes or very small?

like snapper-tmprdrpaging-snpm 144 bytes

why does the volume not follow the system settings in this latest version, i noticed it had a hard coded volume control now?

I guess once these items are addressed i will purchase a copy.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    wouldnt it be easier for each app to just support playing of mp3's itself?

for instance --- be able to choose an mp3 right from verichat or snappermail, it shouldnt have to be done through another program

couldnt the programmers for these apps just do the same thing as lightwave does? have the alert for their applications call up pocket-tunes to play an mp3?

i know its alot harder than it sounds, and lightwave is awesome, but there are so many applications with custom alerts, how will lightwave handle all of them?
  17.    #17  
    If all the programs does this then we wouldn't be talking about it. There are old apps which is no longer maintained and lwav works fine with them. lwav works on almost all apps with alarms.
  18. djc
    Originally posted by smiley88
    [B]LightWav 1.1a now supports individual mp3/ogg/wave sounds for individual contact for ringtones. It will work with your favorite contact list too (mp3/ogg requires PocketTunes 2.1 and higher)
    This feature does not seem to work if you are using the Goodlink application on the Treo.
    Damnit! Another app I'm gonna have to buy!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hi,

in the contact properties page if i select a contact and then info i was supposed to see all the phone numbers associated to the contact...

welll it happens i have contacts with 4 phone numbers listed in the contact app (not light wave) in the following order

home
    office
    fax office
    e.mail <---
    mobile

in this case light wav in the info box shows me only the first three numbers and shows the 4th empty. I think that it stops as soon as it finds a not numeric field.

If i rearrange the contacts in the contact app everything works ok.
    Ciao

Ettore
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast