Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    HI, you might be correct. we'll have a look at it. I guess if your contact ringtone is not working then this could be one of the problems ;( Thanks!
    Mr '88, so it is not possible to use MP3(s) over 1mb? I thought in prior posts that I saw "yes", "no", "maybe so"!?!
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by Piccolojr
    Mr '88, so it is not possible to use MP3(s) over 1mb? I thought in prior posts that I saw "yes", "no", "maybe so"!?!
    On the trial version you can not use sound files over 1meg. the full version has no restrictions.
  4. lam
    Dear smiley88,

It seems that LWAVE does not support multiple cards , does it ? I have a SD card and I use palmramdisk to convert 2 meg of my internal RAM into a mountable extra drive, but LWAVE can't read that at all. Most of the palm application supports that including PocketTunes, so would this be a big problem ? The good thing about using a palmramdisk is that I don't have to care whether my stupid SD CARD is still mounted or not. Very useful. Thanks
    One final question,
    I may have missed this somewhere before, but what's the best program (as in easiast to use) everyone is using to record/edit their mp3's/wav files to use as ringers? All I know how to do is make entire songs, and that's obviously impractical for a ringer..
    TIA
    Peace
    Charles
    Goldwave.com is good and easy to use to convert and truncate long mp3s to wavs to be used in RAM. It is shareware but it allows a nice long trial period.

K
    Does this program require the sd card, or can they mp3s be stored on the phone itself.
    Originally posted by dcmidnight
    Does this program require the sd card, or can they mp3s be stored on the phone itself.
    According to the manual, you are supposed to be able to "convert" wav-files stored on the card to be relocated to the phone memory. However, I did just that, and Filez showes me it's now on the phone RAM, but how do I force Lightwav to make use of it?
    I can only make Lightwav scan for soundfiles on the SD card...

I don't want to risk that the card pops out and thus the ringtones goes silent, that's why I want to play off the phone RAM itself.

I think I have a full version of Lightwav, I paid for it and downloaded it, but haven't entered any key or anything.

/Christopher
    Originally posted by chucklique
    One final question,
    I may have missed this somewhere before, but what's the best program (as in easiast to use) everyone is using to record/edit their mp3's/wav files to use as ringers? All I know how to do is make entire songs, and that's obviously impractical for a ringer..
    TIA
    Peace
    Charles
    I use the wave/MP3 editor that came with Nero. You might wanna try downloading a trial version of Nero, and you can probably use the editor without limitations.
    http://www.nero.com/
    Originally posted by zone97
    Questions..

Requests?
    How soon till the unit will support snappermail to make a custom sound for incomming mail?

How soon till a silent sound gets inserted into the default sound if a custom wav or mp3 is assigned.

Bugs?
    why does the sound file list contain several wav files for snapper items that are 0 bytes or very small?

like snapper-tmprdrpaging-snpm 144 bytes

why does the volume not follow the system settings in this latest version, i noticed it had a hard coded volume control now?

I guess once these items are addressed i will purchase a copy.
    did the author ever address any of these issues?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Today al of a sudden Lightwav played my voicemail greeting twice for no reason. I did not have any voicemail waiting nor had I gotten any voicemails recently. However, the wav I have assigned to my voicemail alert played at least twice in the span of a half hour.

I also noticed my battery drop when I really hadn't even used the phone. This leads me to beleive it was playing the tone more than the two times I heard it.

Not sure what's going on but there may still be some bugs to work out.
    I also had the voicemail sound go off randomly. Lightwav seems to do it when the phone goes into roaming mode. I can't catch the switch between normal and roaming but the sound always seem to be when the phone switches modes.

I wrote to support about the problem, but they said Lightwav does not get triggered by roaming.
    Originally posted by jchindo
    I also had the voicemail sound go off randomly. Lightwav seems to do it when the phone goes into roaming mode. I can't catch the switch between normal and roaming but the sound always seem to be when the phone switches modes.

I wrote to support about the problem, but they said Lightwav does not get triggered by roaming.
    You're absolutely right. Now that you mention it both times I actually heard it I did notice my phone was in and out of roaming.
    right folks, and no disrespect to the developer and his great efforts so far, but I'm taking this one off my handheld until the gremlins are well and truely fixed. The voicemail thing/ the not resting after a soft reset and the lack of mail alert, etc. is doing my nut in, I have missed more calls and had triple alerts than I can tolerate.
    My money is with/on you Danny, look forward to your future upgrades.
  15.    #35  
    the voicemail notification sound is optional. you DO NOT have to set a sound file. You can use the MIDI sound but it does sound better with real voice.

the snappermail notification appears to be more difficult then just handling its alarm. we are still looking at a better resolution.

you can check to re-enable after soft reset in the prefs. if you install new version of lwav then you will have to manually re-enable. we'll add the "reset" bit back on so that when you install new versions it will force a soft reset.
    Sorry but if you are telling me to not use MP3 for voicemail, then I am reduced to three options for Treo, that is not what I call a fix. I would really like the option of voice, as you say, it is fantastic to have the option, but without the triple alert please, if that is possible.
    Thanks
    PS. I now have the version that resets after soft reset, that is sorted, great.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rswst8
    i just purchased... can't pass up being able to set "Mother" by the Police as ringtone for my mother
    psycho! ;-)
    How is it that you turn off the mp3 ring after the phone is answered. I Answered a phonecall today and the mp3 kept ringing untill I manualy opened up P-tunes to shut it off..
  19.    #39  
    there are 3 ways to stop the sound

1. when you tap on the Answer button
    2. press the up/down volume control on the left side of the Treo
    3. press the center button on the 5way keypad

how are you answering the call? any of the methods above?
    I answered it as I normally would by the answer button on the touch screen. Now I never noticed this before, but I had the setting to random if that makes a difference, but like I said I think it has only done this to me once before. The other times it has worked fine. Just a fluke? Or just lucky me.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast