1.    #1  
    I don't need to edit or change it, just read it.

Do I transfer the file onto an SD card, if so which directory, root or Palm/launcher?

Do I need to buy software, or will the Documents in the Main Menu do it?

Help please!
    Documents in the main menu is Docs To Go (Standard) that comes included with the T600. I am not 100% sure if the standard version allows you to read from a SD card.

I'd upgrade to the pofessional version, rock solid and works like a charm on excel sheets.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    YOu can always try repligo for a view only image of excel sheets. Pretty cool and the viewer is free.

http://www.cerience.com
    Rob
    Originally posted by Mike Margolis
    I don't need to edit or change it, just read it.

Do I transfer the file onto an SD card, if so which directory, root or Palm/launcher?

Do I need to buy software, or will the Documents in the Main Menu do it?

Help please!
    Mike,

if all you have is the doc2go that came with the treo, the only way to view it is to send the file via email to your treo.

it is only a viewer for email apps.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Just to add my .02 cents here. Definitely go for DTG6 from dataviz.com as others have suggested here. It's the best all aournd dcoument editor for PalmOS currently (however Quickoffice will soon offer native doc editing as well). DTG6 will alow you to view/edit word, execel etc files on your Treo. It comes with a desktop conduit that will automatically sync the files with SD card, usually in iether the /documents dir for native files or /palm/programs/dxtg/ for wordtogo etc files. You can also just copy and paste the file yourself using app like Card export that will allow you to treat your card as a logical drive (the simplest imo) or just get a card reader...

Repligo is probably the BEST viewer out there for PalmOS. It however is NOT and editor. Thus if your main aim is to only view files like manuals, texts etc, then this might be the best solution. Repligo from what I've seen does a great job of preserving and displaying file formats. It does however need to convert the doc's via desktop conversion/conduit fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions