1.    #1  
    Please, if you’re knowledgeable on the subject, please reply or IM me at LEEFINKEL

I’m a brand new Sprint PCS Treo 600 user…with no idea how to make the most of it. I want to be able to do the following:

Get access to some cool free games.

Be able to check my email on some kind of (free) program through an IMAP account, AND an AOL account.

Be able to chat on AIM without the way it’s currently set up (what’s with the SMS update I just put on my Treo? Can I get a program using that?)

Be able to manage my contacts, call log, etc.

Get (free) word, excel, etc. programs for my Treo for class use (I’m a college student, hence the FREE requests.)

How do I use my 128mb memory card…it seems as though I can only load programs, etc. onto my hard drive.

Please help. Again, reply or IM me at LEEFINKEL

Talk to (someone) soon…

-Lee
    Lee:

I think you're best bet is to READ. First, read the manual. Then take some time and read through these forums. You'll learn a lot, and find the answers to most of your questions already written.

Go to www.palmgear.com and www.handango.com and do searches on terms for software you're interested in. Things like email, AIM, etc. You'll find lot's of software available, and almost all of it has a free trial available. Search here on the same terms, and you'll find lots of recommendations, mini-reviews, and complaints to help you decide.

For free software, check out www.freewarepalm.com .

If you've got a Spring Treo, download the free beta mail app from the Handspring web site. If you're got a GSM Treo, you should already have an email app included.

Everything I wrote above is covered, probably in more detail, in other posts. So learn to use the search function, suck in all the knowledge you find here, and you can become a power-user in no time.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.