Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I cannot continue to invest time and money into a device that is not backed up by a technologically credible strategy or company.

I am busy and I need to use my time working with hardware and software that show progress and elegance, not handicapped screens and so on.

I know we are all waiting, all of us enthusiasts, for the next step. We are so close. And the Treo showed the way. I still use it everyday and I love it.

But I do not romance it. I mean what is the point of setting up dozens of programs in low res? Its retarded.

Soon there will come something that will deserve my time. For now giving it my time is to nurture a limping device in terms of low res.
    I don't think you should take out your frustration on the device or its developers. You should divert your energy towards current battery technology and its lack of serious development in comparison to the rest of the technological arena.

Functionality is what the Treo 600 is all about. It's about as feature rich and functional as you can get while keeping it respectively balanced between features. Yes, that means every feature has its limitations but it is such a small price to pay in comparison to what you can do with a single handheld device.

Bottom line is, this is only the begining and its only going to get better. Heck, when the first CD player came out it was enormous, only held one disc and if you breathed on it from across the room your Madonna True Blue CD ended up sounding like the lawn sprinkler from hell. Now look at CD players. Not only are they much more stable and feature rich, they're outdated. Thats how this game works.

You can't be like my uncle who refuses to buy a camcorder because "something better will come out a few months later". He's been saying that since 1988 when VHS-C was coming out and he still hasn't bought anything. I suspect he never will.
    Originally posted by mgauss
    I cannot continue to invest time and money into a device that is not backed up by a technologically credible strategy or company.

I am busy and I need to use my time working with hardware and software that show progress and elegance, not handicapped screens and so on.

I know we are all waiting, all of us enthusiasts, for the next step. We are so close. And the Treo showed the way. I still use it everyday and I love it.

But I do not romance it. I mean what is the point of setting up dozens of programs in low res? Its retarded.

Soon there will come something that will deserve my time. For now giving it my time is to nurture a limping device in terms of low res.
    Please, no one else reply to this guy and let this thread just fall off the list.

Do a search on posts by mgauss and you will see a common thread.

Enough already chicken little, the sky is NOT going to fall.
    Hi-res is of NO use to me if it means a dead battery.

The Treo is a work and business tool.

Not a flashy show-off device.
    Originally posted by Cyril
    Hi-res is of NO use to me if it means a dead battery.

The Treo is a work and business tool.

Not a flashy show-off device.
    Agreed. Go with a PPC based phone if you want all that show-off crap. The treo600 is a pure professional phone. I bought one of those new i-mate pocket pc phone edition and after two months, I gave up and sold it. Nothing compares to a Treo600 when it comes to a professional phone/pda in one.

-Abbas
    Originally posted by skillllllz
    You can't be like my uncle who refuses to buy a camcorder because "something better will come out a few months later". He's been saying that since 1988 when VHS-C was coming out and he still hasn't bought anything. I suspect he never will.
    Or to quote Ralph Kramden from that old series, The Honeymooners, "I'm waiting for 3D TV!"

Originally posted by mgauss

See, I agree with him here, because as a business tool, its a LOT easier to read emails, WAP sites, and view maps when theres more than 8 pixels (or whatever) dedicated to a character. Thats among the many reasons I did switch to a Windows Mobile 2003 device.
    I agree with this guy.

I used to romance my Treo 600 every night, and the screen and keyboard were hard as heck to clean afterward.

I've stopped too.
    Although I can not top GoodNamesRTaken's last post, I will say that this thread attracted me because...

I have recently fallen in love with my Treo 600 again.... I had put her on the backburner for a while, but the latest wave of new programs (lightwav for one) has gotten me to take more notice and "revisit an old flame".

I'm just GLAD there isn't a 610 or 6000 model out yet...I was about to get a "use 'em and leave 'em" reputation with my cell phones.
    I guess better a phone than a stone.
    Loving the treo. LOL
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first