1.    #1  
    I was lucky enough to get one of the T-mobile branded 600's from the T-mobile rep in Tx who was mentioned in another post. I got it yesterday, got it set up with snappermail and some other assorted medical apps for work and was having a blast with it.

During the course of the day today, I noticed that the screen was no longer sensitive to taps at all. No new apps installed since yesterday, no crashes or drops...just stopped working. Re-calibrating the digitizer didn't work in prefs, nor did multiple soft resets. I did a hard reset, figuring that one of the apps I installed led to some sort of conflict, but no dice. With handspring's guidance on the phone I did the "battery disconnect command" (hold k and backspace for two seconds after hitting the reset button on back, then plug the device into the power adaptor to re-initialize). Things are actually worse now, because instead of a crippled unit with a working keyboard and directional pad I'm stuck in the digitizer calibration of setup. Back it goes.

I'm just sort of discouraged, because I was hoping that I would be able to put the device quality issues of the sidekick behind me (I must have done warranty exchagnes on the color and B&W sk 4 times each) by upgrading to the 600, but I'm starting to feat that it's the same crap, different hardware.

Back to the drawing board...

Stuff happens. Mine, well it has been dropped four times, doused heavily with water and been through a couple of real rain storms. No real problems. It stopped working for a few minutes fater the dousing in water and got it going again by putting it on the charger. Since then, not a problem at all.

Ben

[QUOTE]Originally posted by srlondon
    [B]I was lucky enough to get one of the T-mobile branded 600's from the T-mobile rep in Tx who was mentioned
    You all have insurance on them? I decided to keep the original screen protector on that came with it....plus I bought the form fitting case. So I essence, I have 2 layers of plastic covering my screen. Phone screen is fulkly functional.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Yes, it is insured. Mine is in the HS swivel case and belted most of the day, except those times it is being charged. No extra protection for it. Ben

Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    You all have insurance on them? I decided to keep the original screen protector on that came with it....plus I bought the form fitting case. So I essence, I have 2 layers of plastic covering my screen. Phone screen is fulkly functional.

IGO