1.    #1  
    I am currently looking to purchase quite a number of Handheld devices and deciding which to go with. Do we go with T-mobile's Treo 600 or Blackberry, Nextel's Blackberry, or Sprint's Treo 600. I'm concerned that T-mobile doesn't have an equivalent to Blackberry's enterprise server or Sprint's Business Connection Enterprise Edition allowing a true integration of contact and calender information with Outlook 2003. If you were to go with one for a company wide decision which would you pick. Too many choices Why can't Verizon have the Treo 600 when you need it!
    Originally posted by spinetech
    I am currently looking to purchase quite a number of Handheld devices and deciding which to go with. Do we go with T-mobile's Treo 600 or Blackberry, Nextel's Blackberry, or Sprint's Treo 600. I'm concerned that T-mobile doesn't have an equivalent to Blackberry's enterprise server or Sprint's Business Connection Enterprise Edition allowing a true integration of contact and calender information with Outlook 2003. If you were to go with one for a company wide decision which would you pick. Too many choices Why can't Verizon have the Treo 600 when you need it!
    If you can wait I have been told by a credible Verizon executive that the Treo 600 will be released in the second quarter. It is being rushed to market due to the fact that the Kyocera 7135 has not returned to the Verizon lineup. The Treo 600 has already been shown to Verizon reps. Use for informational purposes only. We all wish we knew the "official" release date.
    i was on a business trip to DC few weeks ago. My sprint treo 600 had great service there. No question, I'd get a treo. I like sprint because of their coverage and data pricing plans. If you travel outside of US, consider a GSM provider or do a cost analysis, may be cheaper just to rent a phone if u don't travel outside the US that much.
    if the purpose of handheld purchasing will be for contacting them via email with occasional phone calls and light web browsing, I would personally go with the nextel blackberry. you'd get push-to-talk and excellent email service. ( the web experience on blackberries has a little to be desired, i've heard, however).
    if you need handhelds that will allow your employees to make frequent phone calls, surf the web frequently AND receive emails regularly, I would go with the sprint treo 600. data service is much faster with sprint, and the treo on the sprint service does all of these functions very well.
    I can't offer info on biz connection bc I don't use it, but I have heard that there are some issues with it. all in all, if you want an all-in-one device, the treo 600 is probably the best scenario for your business.
    If you don't like Business Connection or don't feel comfortable with it, there is also the GoodLink software for the Sprint Treo 600, which I have heard is excellent and rivals Blackberry's software (please don't flame me).

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/pr.../goodlink.html
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have T-Mobile, and my Treo 600 works great. Att wireless and TMobile also sell Blackberries. The TMobile Blackberry service is only about $20/month, so for less than $60, you can be connected. I would skip Nextel, coverage is awful in DC and surrounding areas, service is expensive.

The Blackberry advantage over Palm is that it is a corporate device. Anyone can use it, it's easy and can't be screwed up installing software on it. The Treo rocks of course, but for a non-techie, it has a steeper learning curve. It can also browse better web sites and run tons of software. Pocket Tunes is still my current favorite, no way a Blackberry can do streaming audio. So, it really depends on tge kind of person you are and what you want to do with the device. As far as Sprint goes.. I'd skip them and go GSM. Sprint won't allow you to have more than one handset, and can't work outside the US. Their billing and sales folk are generally clueless too. You should have seen their faces when I ran Pocket Tunes and streamed audio through Vision. They were convinced it wouldn't work.

Last thought on the Treo? I posted this note with it! :-D
    Our firm (in D.C.) currently uses Blackberries with Goodlink through Cingular. It is currently looking into upgrading to the Treo6, but is waiting for Cingular to finish optimizing its Goodlink support for the Treo6.

Meanwhile, I am personally waiting for Verizon to get off its high horse and get into the game.

That being said, despite the inconvenience of carrying both my cell (a nice, small - if technology free- Motorola V8160) and my bulky Blackberry on my belt (I'm so cool, I know), the push technology of the Blackberry is really seamless. Emails are rec'd instantaneously. Contacts are updated and integrated with Outlook without any complications. It's a dedicated device that requires little if any support. Of course, what fun is that? I would drop it in a second for a T6/6.1/6e.
    Last edited by JudBaird; 02/13/2004 at 10:28 AM.