Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know the answer to this question?
    The Toad
    Originally posted by toadmanor
    Does anyone know the answer to this question?
    when it is ready?

Didn't snapper say spring time?

No definate date has ever been stated, other than version 2 will have it.
    Last edited by Felipe; 02/13/2004 at 08:50 PM.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Their website FAQ says:

Does SnapperMail support IMAP? IMAP support for SnapperMail is expected to be released near the end of Q1 2004.

http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/faqs.cfm

Regards,
    Soon
    Pete
    fyi, Will just posted on the yahoo groups that v.2 will also have sd support to store mail.
    Felipe
    What's MORE interesting is WHAT functionality they will have with IMAP...

Marc
    1st quarter is only a little over a month from ending - I'm not holding my breath that SnapperMail will step up to the plate with IMAP. I desperately need an IMAP solution though, so I sure hope I'm wrong. Mail on the SD card would be a welcome feature though, as Snapper sure takes up a big portion of my Treo's memory!

Dunc
  8.    #8  
    Dunc, It sure does seem that Snapper Mail is unresposnsive. They just can not be bothered with answering any quetsions I have sent their way. I will not use a solution that does not conform to IMAP standards.

I simply use too many devices to be POPing my mail!
    The Toad
    It sure does seem that Snapper Mail is unresposnsive. They just can not be bothered with answering any quetsions I have sent their way.
    That's not always the way that it was. When Snapper first happened on the Treo scene they were in this forum all the time, very responsive to everyone's requests. But that's changed. It's time for some other small developer to step up to the plate and offer an IMAP solution.

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc

That's not always the way that it was. When Snapper first happened on the Treo scene they were in this forum all the time, very responsive to everyone's requests. But that's changed. It's time for some other small developer to step up to the plate and offer an IMAP solution.

Dunc
    I don't usually post in threads like this, but you guys seem like reasonable fellows. What is it that you are finding snapper mail unresponsive about?

As far as I can tell, they seem to have answered all the questions about IMAP as best they can. They have even given everybody a rough estimate regarding when IMAP will be out. Next, they have continued to update their Yahoo Forum with with statements letting everyone know what additions will be in 2.0

I just looked in their forum today, and Will Lau has answered a plea from T600 users to allow us to attach photos more easily (it will be rolled into version 2.0). Here is his response:

http://tinyurl.com/26d2l

Is it that they aren't answering e-mails for support? I don't mean any disrespect what so ever (I realize that not everyone will like the same software or software developers), I guess that I am just a bit puzzled...
    Originally posted by Dunc
    step up
    bothered
    Step up yourselves, you whiners. You two moaned your way right past Marc Blank who has "stepped up" to your problem. Don't like SnapperMail? Shove off, then.

Originally posted by paulsjmail
    I don't mean any disrespect
    I do.
    You two moaned your way right past Marc Blank who has "stepped up" to your problem.
    Marc Blank is an incredibly responsive developer. He responds to everyone in this forum, just like Will Lau used to with Snappermail. Not sure what you think I've moaned my way past Marc about - I love Chatter. I can't wait for the IMAP support to be finalized because I want IMAP so badly.

I love Snappermail, and I've espoused it's virtues a million times in these forums. I've tried virtually every Treo email app out there, and I believe that Will has the best app, and the best interface. What I don't like is that it doesn't support IMAP. Again, I hope to hell that IMAP does make it to the production release by the end of 1st quarter 2004 - 42 days away. But, again I'm not going to hold my breath, as IMAP has been promised since my Treo 300 was brand new. In September of 2002 Will posted:

IMAP beta is slated for Q1 2003. It will be a major upgrade (ie. it won't be free unless you buy the version with lifetime upgrades)
    Last edited by Dunc; 02/18/2004 at 08:49 AM.
    Well, it's pretty tough for developers to keep up with TreoCentral forums and, really, they ought not be expected to watch for questions here. SnapperMail has a Yahoo Group you can join and you can always email the developers. In my experience, Will Lau has been the most responsive and professional developer I've interacted with.

That doesn't mean the boards are useful for getting help with programs like SnapperMail or asking questions about it's future - just remember your audience is other TC readers and posters, which may not include the developers.
  14.    #14  
    Who is Will Lau?
    The Toad
    Who is Will Lau?
    the head honcho at snapper fish. the makers of snappermail.
    Felipe
    What are the benefits to have IMAP?
    Originally posted by snerdy

Step up yourselves, you whiners. You two moaned your way right past Marc Blank who has "stepped up" to your problem. Don't like SnapperMail? Shove off, then.

I do.
    Agree with you sport... I'm sure Will and Co. have better things to do than surf, 'looking' for what people want.

Maybe join the SnapperMail User Group - it's more of a central point for SM issues and beats leaving posts on the untold Treo forums that seem to be springing up.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by eddietreo
    What are the benefits to have IMAP?

not an expert on imap, but here goes.

imap, like pop3, is a way to get your email but has a lot more features.

You basically keep all your messages (including sent) on the server. You can create folders on the server and move the message around as you wish. This gives you access to all your mail from any iimap client.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    not an expert on imap, but here goes.

imap, like pop3, is a way to get your email but has a lot more features.

You basically keep all your messages (including sent) on the server. You can create folders on the server and move the message around as you wish. This gives you access to all your mail from any iimap client.

All true. Unlike POP3 mail, IMAP is synchronized - meaning you can check your email from multiple clients (your work PC, your home PC, your TREO, etc) but any changes you make stay consistent on each device. If you delete an email from your work PC, it will be reflected on any other device you use to connect to your IMAP account.
    I like to think of it as a "poor-man's Exchange server."
    What's nice about Chatter and IMAP (this won't be true of Snappermail in the near future) is that you can have various folders synced in real time, foreground and background, without polling.

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast