1. noc
    I have a new 600 from T-Mob. Seems to be working fine so far (and it IS locked by the way). I have a few questions though that I need some help with:

1) Is it possible to attach a photo to ANY contact in my address book or just ones I put in favorites?
    2) Same question as #1 but with respect to dialing "additional digits." Seems this is only possible with favorites vs. any contact?
    3) I have both a PC and a Mac. I downloaded the PalmDesktop software that came with the phone on both. The PC version has all the customized features for the Treo, i.e. treo photo's, etc. The Mac version, however, seems to have NONE of them (and just looks like the regular version of Desktop). Is this the case or am I just not seeing something?
    4) Bluetooth card. Palm tells me SanDisk is coming out with one, SanDisk tells me its not and has no intention to. Who's right?
    5) Since the 600 is locked for T-Mob, does anyone know which APN its programmed for? I have the "internet3 unlimited VPN" data plan for $19.99/mo which is supposed to keep all ports open. But, if my APN is locked to "internet2" or "wap" then I may be blocked from certain sites. Anyone know anything about this?
    6) Can someone recommend/provide link for a good screen protection overlay?
    7) Any advice anyone would like to offer re: do's and dont's so I can avoid problems? i.e. don't download such and such software, its nothing but trouble and you'll ruin your device, etc.

Please feel free to answer any/all questions. Thanks...
    1) Just the favorites, I think.

6) www.boxwave.com

7) Use Uninstall Manager first to help you delete problem programs/files; Use Backupman or another backup program to restore everything while you are on the road in case of a problem; Egrips (www.egrips.com) makes the Treo easy to hold onto; Use T-Mo's $3.99 insurance plan; Do upgrade PocketTunes to the deluxe version so you can stream some of the slower internet radio stations; Be careful to not use charging units made for previous Treos. Some of them aren't compatible with the T600.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I'll answer as much as I can.

1. You can only assign a picture for picture caller ID to a number which is assigned to a favorites button.

2. Same deal. I've only been able to add extra digits to a number which is assigned to a favorite button.

3. Don't know, never used the MAC version.

4. Haven't heard much about a bluetooth card. There have been rumors of a wifi card from SanDisk. But nothing so far.

5. No idea.

6. I prefer the Martin Fields screen protector. http://www.overlayplus.com/index.asp There are other which are good too, like Brando and Boxwave. There are many threads on this topic, do some searching and you'll find them.

7. Haven't really ran into any software which is bad for the device. It's just a trial and error thing. Nothing terrible is going to happen to your Treo if the software doesn't like the device. Soft resets, you'll get used to. Hard reset is the worse case, but as long as you're backing up your data you'll be fine.
    Originally posted by noc
    I have a new 600 from T-Mob. Seems to be working fine so far (and it IS locked by the way). I have a few questions though that I need some help with:

1) Is it possible to attach a photo to ANY contact in my address book or just ones I put in favorites?
    Unfortunately, only in your favorites.
    2) Same question as #1 but with respect to dialing "additional digits." Seems this is only possible with favorites vs. any contact?
    Same as #1
    4) Bluetooth card. Palm tells me SanDisk is coming out with one, SanDisk tells me its not and has no intention to. Who's right?
    I don't know of anyone who is actually working on BT drivers. We're supposed to have Wi-Fi "sometime this spring" though.
    6) Can someone recommend/provide link for a good screen protection overlay?
    I agree that Boxwave is probably the best.
    7) Any advice anyone would like to offer re: do's and dont's so I can avoid problems? i.e. don't download such and such software, its nothing but trouble and you'll ruin your device, etc.
    Don't feed it after midnight, and don't ever, ever get it wet

I'd recommend looking through this server at some of the more active threads. Just about everything you've ever wanted to know (and more) is in here somewhere.
    Specifically, you'll want Backupman or Backup Buddy, FileZ, check out Lightwav, Treo Allegro TakePHone, etc. There's a list of excellent stuff that has been developed by members of TC over in software. They all rock!
    PS Welcome to the family...
    As others have stated, the defualt apps only support this for the 1st 50 in the favs. However a program called TCringer might do this as well. Search the forums for this...

Checkout 3rd party dialer replacement like TakePhone for this...

3) I have both a PC and a Mac. I downloaded the PalmDesktop software that came with the phone on both. The PC version has all the customized features for the Treo, i.e. treo photo's, etc. The Mac version, however, seems to have NONE of them (and just looks like the regular version of Desktop). Is this the case or am I just not seeing something?
    Unfortunately the Mac version of PD only has limited support. Chekcout MarkSpace Missing Sync for further mac support...

Who knows. The fact is that it's been delayed endlessly and I wouldn't put much hope into it in the short term. There probably will eventually be a card from either Sandisk of Hagiwara though...

5) Since the 600 is locked for T-Mob, does anyone know which APN its programmed for? I have the "internet3 unlimited VPN" data plan for $19.99/mo which is supposed to keep all ports open. But, if my APN is locked to "internet2" or "wap" then I may be blocked from certain sites. Anyone know anything about this?
    Sorry don't use Tmo. Post this in the US GSM forum for more responses...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. noc
    keep 'em coming. this is good stuff!