1.    #1  
    I've stumbled across many people having problems encoding MMPLAYER vids.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, if you are having AUDIO problems, like SLOWNESS or other odd things, DITCH THE LAME LAME MP3 CODEC.

Go out and find Radium MP3 codec instead.

Secondly, MAKE SURE you download the T600 patch from the web site that fixes the popping audio Treo bug.

Then, if you are a beginner, get your video to MPEG1 format (VCD) (we all know that VDUB Doesn't like MPG2 vids, right?) and then use VDUB with Divx at 128kbitrate and 16k audio using resize filter of 160x120.

Play the vid on your computer to make sure it's ok then try it on the Treo.

While you are at it, load up Kinoma and compare the same video one after another on the Treo, watch for moving mouths and other details that get blocky and smeered on Kinoma, then try to live without the MMPLAYER and DivX. You'll be an MMPLAYER fan for life.
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
    Can Radium be used with XP? I only found files that said they were compatible with Windows 9X
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by lb505
    Can Radium be used with XP? I only found files that said they were compatible with Windows 9X
    I'm not sure if you are seeing the same "version" of radium mp3 codec that I found, but my machine was XP that I did mine with and Lame MP3 had slo-mo sound and other problems where one called Radium worked perfectly.

Wish I knew where I downloaded those from, if you find the location and they work I am sure others would appreciate you posting the link.
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
    Originally posted by mk3cn4

I'm not sure if you are seeing the same "version" of radium mp3 codec that I found, but my machine was XP that I did mine with and Lame MP3 had slo-mo sound and other problems where one called Radium worked perfectly.

Wish I knew where I downloaded those from, if you find the location and they work I am sure others would appreciate you posting the link.
    I'm interested in starting to use mmplayer. After reading your original post, I did a quick google search for Radium MP3 codec , and came across 2 german web sites that allowed one to download the codecs free. Here's the first:
    Site 1 (Translated by Google)

and here's the 2nd:
    Site 2 (Translated by Google)

Checked the file properties of both files, and they seem to be identical. Hopefully, this is the correct version. I'm going to rip some of my DVDs and attempt to setup VirtualDub and mmplayer over the weekend.

rgds,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --