Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    So I just got a charge/synch cradle for the T600, and normally with PDAs it has been my custom to leave them in the cradle while at my desk, and take them with me when I leave. Does anyone have any idea whether or not this is a good idea for the T600? Does it adversely affect battery life at all? Does anyone else do this? Thanks for your help.
    The manual states that the more you charge the battery the better. I am not sure exactly which page this is but I remember reading it. There are other posts about the battery life if you do a search.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I've been using the cradle for the T600 for over 3 months now and so far, it has had NO adverse effect on the device.
    I do the same. No problems.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Me three.
    I've had the cradle on my desk for about 3 months now.
    I also have the car kit installed in my car.
    I have seen no decrease in the life of my battery.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Excerpt from page 5 of the Sprint/CDMA manual:

"Maximizing battery life

You can increase the life of your Treo battery by following a few easy guidelines. Remember that battery life depends on how you use your treo.

* Charge your Treo whenever you're at your desk. The Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery has a much longer useful life when it is topped off frequently, versus charging it after it is fully drained."

I keep mine plugged into the AC cable while at my desk at work. After 11 weeks I haven't noticed any decrease in holding a charge.

Regards,
    ERic