1.    #1  
    I know there are several threads discussing these upgrades, but after searching and browsing I'm still a bit unsure what they are supposed to improve (except the unlocking feature).

I upgraded my unlocked T600 with the 2.08 upgrade hoping it would solve some noise problems, which it didn't.

Now I've received a brand new replacement unit which has firmware 02.01 (software: treo600-1.05-int).

My question is: should I upgrade to 2.09? Will anything be improved? Has anyone got hold of a technical paper from Handspring that states what separates the different firmware versions?

If you know just where on treocentral I can find answers to my questions please point me in the right direction and excuse me for not finding it myself...

Thanks,
    Christopher
    First of all the upgrade does NOT unlock your Treo. In my case nor did the Patch! I am with Orange UK, and the upgrade to 2.09 did nothing, though my flatmate did send me a txt which didn't get thru. And my girlfriend tried to call me back and I was busy for no apparent reason... I never had this problem before the update. So I am not sure of the benefits personally - just the paranoia - He he!