Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What's up kids!
    Just got an email from realone stating they have support for the Treo 600.
    This is just in, so I haven't installed it and may not even for a few friends of mine abhor real player suggesting it may crash your system and a lot of hard and soft resets may be the case but until you try it you'll never know for sure.

Anyway the link is

www.real.com/realmobile/palmone.html)http://www.real.com/realmobile/palmone.html

Good luck to you all and if you have any trial and error, please post.
    I've had the Real Player on my palm since the weekend, working perfectly, if a little limited. Really easy to add mp3's using Real Player desktop.

I say do it, it's free!

Didn't appear to be an option to choose the Treo as a device when downloading, I just used the Tungsten E option and it worked.
    Hier kom die Bokke, hier kom die Bokke, lalalalala!
    The FAQ says it still does not support streaming; I see little point in it until it does.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I agree...PTunes does everything that RP does and supports streaming. Only $14.95 after reg. w/HS. Small price to pay for far superior player.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jasparks
    I agree...PTunes does everything that RP does and supports streaming. Only $14.95 after reg. w/HS. Small price to pay for far superior player.
    although ptunes has a lot more bells and whistles (graphic equalizer, mini background version, much better support for song selection, skinnable, volume button support etc), I have found in limited testing that real player sounds much better. I'd suggest giving them both a try to see for yourself.

BTW, one feature that is nice is that if you use real on the pc to transfer songs, it will autoconvert aac and wma files to mp3 prior to transferring, so that your treo can play it. the treo player also supports drm-protected files bought from real music store, it's main raisson d'etre.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    The autoconvert does sound like a nice feature.

Although I wasn't aware that the player itself had anything to do w/sound quality. I thought it was just the bit rate a song was converted to as well as format type.
    I noticed the sound quality is better in RP right away. Tried it w/ several different songs as well and it seems clearer and louder if you will.
    adaboy1
    i tried installing it but when i launch it on my phone it doesn't work. i get an error message saying:

the system is missing features required to run this appication or the system support is out of date
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    you must have installed the wrong version. Download the version for the tre 600 or the tungsten t3.
    i downloaded the t3 version - and it doesnt work
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    I signed up but there isn't a MAC download. Can some one post the PRC file for me to download.

Thanks,
    llarson
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Whoa now, it says I have to signup, and when I go to signup, it asks for CC information. I don't really plan to be downloading anything from their music store... anyone have a direct link to the download?
  13. 666
    Originally posted by middle_man
    Whoa now, it says I have to signup, and when I go to signup, it asks for CC information. I don't really plan to be downloading anything from their music store... anyone have a direct link to the download?
    thats exactly what i'm after, it doesn't let UK users sign up
    i've been using the T3 version but it skips some tracks or will only play half of a song then skip to the next one, was hoping the proper treo600 version would be a bit more stable. strangely enough they're RM's too, i would've thought its own filetypes would be the last ones it'd struggle with

it also seems a lot louder than PTunes on my treo, sounds like the little speaker is going to pop if it's on full volume!

can anyone help out with a direct link to the treo600 version?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Here's a zip file with all the files that get installed onto the treo when you run the realplayer for palm installer. It works fine without the pc client (just drag media files into your SD card's audio folder using a card reader). If you have a pc, i recommend using it with thru the PC client... the integration with the treo client is kinda neat, and you can downconvert songs to lower bitrate and change file format before transferring to the treo, if necessary.

Compared to ptunes, i think the sound quality is better (certainly, RP is loouder), but the ptunes interface is much nicer and has more bells and whistles. Playlists on the RP is a PITA and are not preserved between the PC and treo clients.

It's ok to upload this here, since it's a free, right (if not, let me know, and I'll delete it).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sbono13; 02/17/2004 at 02:56 PM.
    Originally posted by sbono13

It's ok to upload this here, since it's a free, right (if not, let me know, and I'll delete it).
    Thanx Sbono!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Any idea if all of these files are necessary on the internal memory? I'm trying to keep as much on my card as I can.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Zaud
    Any idea if all of these files are necessary on the internal memory? I'm trying to keep as much on my card as I can.

Thanks.
    I don't know... i have everything in internal memory. My philosophy is usually that any program that is involved in computer-to-treo communication (syncing, etc) usually gets put on internal memory. If you aren't using the real player desktop client, you might be able to get away with putting at least the real.prc file in the launcher folder of your SD card, but i guess you just have to test it.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I assume RP won't play Oggs?

I know they said they were going to eventually, but I haven't heard anything about it lately.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Will it play Real video files?
    I don't see anything about video files. Is this just an audio player?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast