1.    #1  
    Did the update, borrowed a Tmobile Sim from a friend. Error SIM Card not Allowed - Your phone cannot be used with this SIM card
    Originally posted by socalcruiser
    Did the update, borrowed a Tmobile Sim from a friend. Error SIM Card not Allowed - Your phone cannot be used with this SIM card
    Did you do the standard firmware update or the patched update? Just checking because you'd be the first that didn't succeed in unlocking using the patched version.
    Gotta confirm that the patched update unlocked mine. On OrangeUK, tried it with various SIMs, O2UK, VodacomSA, all OK.

A bit concerened about increased instability though. More utilities are crashing the Treo than had done previopusly.

Is this standard, or have I done something wrong? :confused:
    Hier kom die Bokke, hier kom die Bokke, lalalalala!
    Originally posted by justageek
    A bit concerened about increased instability though. More utilities are crashing the Treo than had done previopusly.

Is this standard, or have I done something wrong?
    I did the patched update, no problems here, run a bunch of 3rd party software/utilities: Hi Launcher, TreoButler, Treo Helper, Clockpop, Keycaps etc+ loads of application like dictionaries, docs2go...

Arild
    Weird! I have the standard dataviz viewer, this crashes the Treo everytime I hit the done button (i know, I know, don't hit the button!).

Couple of other times its happend too, like when I tried to beam my business card.

Bearable, considering the thing is unlocked for free.
    History;

did the siam upgrade when i first came out
    tried the patched unlock (patched.zip) from a couple of sources
    tried re-soing the original upgrade
    tried re-doing the patched

repeated

always get the same - sim not allowed.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  7.    #7  
    used the patched .zip file, hard reset installed through conduit with a new user name, ran SIAM file. it fdid it's hard reset and then i restored using my origianl user name. Firmware is no 2.09
    To avoid confusion:

* the first firmware that became available is 2.08, filename Siam_INT_Updater.prc

* the second update that became available is 2.09, filename SIAM Updater 921.prc

* the patched version is a subset of the 2.09 firmware with one patched file. It is NOT a complete firmware upgrade.

The recommended scenario for installing the patch: no matter what your current firmware is, install the original 2.09 and then the patched version.

If you've already applied the patched version without installing the original 2.09 first, don't worry. Install the original 2.09 and then the patched version.

I hope this clarifies it.
  9.    #9  
    did 921 and just did patch which file do i run?
    Originally posted by socalcruiser
    did 921 and just did patch which file do i run?
    run FirmwareUpdater
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
  11.    #11  
    glad to hear i pressed the right button
    Mol your'e a genius! Hadn't upgraded the firmware before running the patch. Follwed your instructions, now everything seems fine, thanks!

Should have taken more time to read everything more clearly before doing the patch.

Like the Handspring splash when you turn wireless on or off. Anyway you can put your own images there?
    Originally posted by justageek

Should have taken more time to read everything more clearly before doing the patch.
    .... isn't it allways like this, open package, try to use it and if everything else fails, read the manual?
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Yeah thanks, Byte me Mr Byte.

We've all done it....
    I updated to FW 2.09 and then ran the patch after a hard reset - but it did nothing for me. I'm still locked into Orange UK - DANG!