1.    #1  
    I just got the following email from toysoft. Looks like we finally have individual mp3 ringtones for the Treo 600! (See number 3)

The possibilities are endless!

Enclosed is lightwav 1.1 update

Important: disabel lightwav before installing any updates.
    after hotsync re-enable lightwav in the Pref.

Changes
    ------------

1. Prefs

- New volume popup has been added. this controls the volume for all the sound such
    as alarms, ringtones. lightwav no longer gets the settings from the phone or alarm prefs.

2 Alarms
    ----------

- not compatible with Agendus. Appointment alarms will be shown in the DBook tab.
    again, no repeating and notime appts allowed.

- Alarm sound is now taken from Lightwav prefs instead of the alarm sound in the Prefs.
    it was too confusing for people because different palms have different sound settings.

3. Treo600 Individual RingTones

- goto the menu and select "Contact Ringtones"

- lwav will list all the contacts in the contact database. you can only assign one
    sound file to the contact. NO random. if the contact has multiple numbers then lwav
    will check all the numbers. You can select Info... item to double check the contact number

- Lwav assumes a valid phone # contains 7 or more digits. if your country has less than 7 please
    contact us to fix this problem.

- if caller is not in contact then the default ringtone will be used.

4. Treo600 SMS/VoiceMail/MSM notifications

- if you are on a call and you receive notification lwav will not play the sound file.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Where do you get 1.1? www.toysoft.ca still has 1.0 for demo download.

I'm having trouble with the wavconverter. It says it converts ok, but doesn't write the pdb file out. Anyone else have this problem or success.
    I can assign the individual ringers, mp3 or wav. But it doesn't seem to play when the person calls, the default phone app takes over and i just get silent....?? even the main ringer is silent....I tried playing with the contact, but no help....
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    They get it in their mbox. So if you want to try it; buy it!

BTW, indivivual ringtones work like a charm!!
    Originally posted by christo1970
    I can assign the individual ringers, mp3 or wav. But it doesn't seem to play when the person calls, the default phone app takes over and i just get silent....?? even the main ringer is silent....I tried playing with the contact, but no help....
    Did you remember to Re-enable LW after installing the update? (Always disable/re-enable with an update.)
    My won't play either. I had just purchased 1.0 the other day and hadn't really had a chance to set it up yet. Then when I got 1.1 in my email, I decided to work with it. Now, none of the ringers work. All I can hear are default phone app ringers. I have performed a few soft resets, disabled and re-enabled, but to no avail. Help!
  7.    #7  
    Toysoft is going to post version 1.1 demo sometime today for anyone to try.

I actually have been haveing the same problem as you guys. When I assign a ringtone, all I get is the default phone one (silent - vibrate). I emailed toysoft, and here was their advise:

hmmm...does the regular ringtone work?

try this.

1. goto lwav pref
    2 reclick enable lightwav
    3. call again. the best to test ind. caller is create a contact
    in your contact app for your home phone and then call your treo from
    your home.

if that doesn't work then do

1. goto prefs
    2. uncheck "Always use ptunes"
    3. goback to Sound tab and play a wave file
    4. now goto back to prefs and check "Always use ptunes"
    5. call your phone..

the last step is reset your treo.

we will see if it works. If any of you have sucess... let me know what you did!
    I just purchased the Lightwav from the Toysoft web site, however the download link provided was for version 1.0

I've sent Toysoft an e-mail asking them to please send me version 1.1
    I'm having the same problem. I dorked around with it about 30 minutes, trying different settings (can't say for sure I tried the one listed later in this thread). I had to go back to a previous version because I must be able to hear my phone. MP3 ring tones are cool, but silence ain't golden.

If anyone that had the above problem finds a working solution, please let me know.
    Last edited by hparsons; 02/12/2004 at 01:05 PM.
    Another person here with the same issue.

Can't hear any ringtones (mp3 or wav). SMS tone works fine.

I'm on a Sprint PCS version Treo 600.
    I wish Lightwav and Profiles worked together.

It should be at least possible for Profiles to control whether lightwav was enabled or disabled in each profile.
    Just a heads up for those who were having problems with 1.1 internal wav not playing. I worked directly with toysoft support emailing back and forth and trying different configuration and settings. He was very prompt in answering my emails each time and after exhausting all possibilities he came up with a fix this morning. (We were doing this for about 2 hours last night) Alas this morning he was able to figure out what the problem was and was able to fix it. I'm sure for those who have purchased Lightwav will get an email from Danny soon about the update. I can now play my custom wav files as ringtones and alerts for SMS etc. I am very pleased with the result and now with the addition of Contact ringtones, I would recomment this product as a must have for your Treo.

Again thank you Danny for all your help and prompt support for your great product.
    Originally posted by aznmode
    Just a heads up for those who were having problems with 1.1 internal wav not playing. I worked directly with toysoft support emailing back and forth and trying different configuration and settings. He was very prompt in answering my emails each time and after exhausting all possibilities he came up with a fix this morning. (We were doing this for about 2 hours last night) Alas this morning he was able to figure out what the problem was and was able to fix it. I'm sure for those who have purchased Lightwav will get an email from Danny soon about the update. I can now play my custom wav files as ringtones and alerts for SMS etc. I am very pleased with the result and now with the addition of Contact ringtones, I would recomment this product as a must have for your Treo.

Again thank you Danny for all your help and prompt support for your great product.
    Do you have a GSM or Sprint Treo?
    I have Sprint...
    I can comfirm all the bugs have been worked out.

Individual ringers now work with the Sprint version of the Treo. In addition custom ringers now also work even for numbers which are assigned as favorites.

Look for a new release from Toysoft very soon.
    That's nice...I'm a registered user and NEVER received any e-mails about an upgrade...

Nice..

NCTreo600
    Originally posted by NCTreo600
    That's nice...I'm a registered user and NEVER received any e-mails about an upgrade...

Nice..

NCTreo600
    Drop Danny a quick note and let him know. Every once in a while a name will get left out of a growing database. I'm sure it was an oversight.