Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I do voice-over for radio, TV and industrial training videos and the like. I want go make a free package of basic voice-alerts for Treo users.

Here's the first one, it sounds okay on my Treo but it's kind of quiet: http://www.provoice.net/treocall.mp3

Please take a listen and let me know what you would think, I would also like suggestions for some good generic messages you would like to have available. Help me come up with a few and I'll create a poll and decide on a final package

I would eventually like to provide custom announcment capability for Treo users.

Thanks,
    Rob
    I think it sounds great.

I would like to see:

"You have a new voicemail"

"You have a new SMS message"

"You have a new e-mail"
    I searched all over the place last night for voice-alerts that I could use. I was amazed at how little was available.

Your sample sounds great. Obviously, getting a good volume is extremely important.

Since your voice has a deeper tone to it, you might also precede the voice alert with a two or three note alert tone at a higher pitch.

I second the suggestions made by lgreenberg. I would also suggest:

"Please check your calendar" and/or
    "You have an appointment approaching"

I look forward to hearing the rest of your work.
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

Great work, Rob! I would recommend making them really loud as many people have complained their ringtones aren't loud enough.

I agree with the other people's suggestion mentioned above. Can I also suggest making one for alarms to wake you up. Maybe something funny like "Wake Up!! Wake Up!! Rise and shine!! Get your lazy *ss out of bed!! You're gonna be late for work (school)!!"
    How 'bout preceding the voice with the old 3-tone chime from the early NBC (radio?) days. That'd be cool.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Sounds great and I would be very interested. But how do you get the 600 to playback an mp3 when the phone rings or when you receive mail. It plays midis. Am I missing something?

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Originally posted by Exciter
    Sounds great and I would be very interested. But how do you get the 600 to playback an mp3 when the phone rings or when you receive mail. It plays midis. Am I missing something?

Kirby
    Yep, you sure are.

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=48131
    The Lightwav application will play MP3's as ringtones...see the multimedia forum.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by chazglenn3
    The Lightwav application will play MP3's as ringtones...see the multimedia forum.
    Or just see my post above.

I just love posting at the same time.
    Robert, that's awesome. Thanks for the effort. The above suggestions are great. What's with the extra silence at the end of your first sample?

I would also like to see some more subtly humurous voice alerts.

Maybe: "The phone is ringing... I said, the phone is ringing."

Or: "A most likely un-important call is pre-empting your current task."

Or: "I am an obnoxious phone ringing."

11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the feedback! I'll try and bang a few of these out tonight or tomorrow.

A couple items:

a) I think a musical notification of some sort is a great idea, however I don't think using NBC's audio logo would be appreciated by the folks at NBC. I'll see what I can come up with.

b) The silence is to prevent the message from repeating at such a rapid rate to be annoying. I'm assuming the sound file repeats, but if this isn't the case, I'll end the files at the end of the announcment.

-Rob
    so it's probably good to leave em in, but you should decide!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  13.    #13  
    Yep, I'll leave 'em in!

Nice avatar, btw.

-Rob
    Sounds great, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

Please do keep us posted!

Originally posted by rwinn
    Please take a listen and let me know what you would think, I would also like suggestions for some good generic messages you would like to have available. Help me come up with a few and I'll create a poll and decide on a final package
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Nice job!

A few suggestions (besides those already mentioned):

1) "You have an incoming call from ____"

(you leave some silence for the individual user to put in a name, etc.)

2) "You have an appointment in __ minutes"

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Rob,

That is great stuff!

Hey everyone, lets not kill Rob with requests, he might not come back!

-Rob
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Text to Speech

Wow I forgot about this site. Just so the guy doesn't get bombarded with make this for me and what not, you can click on the above link and make it say whatever you want. Yes, it's a computer voice, but it's funny to make it say whatever you want. You can save it in a wav file.
    Thanks fot that. Really appreciate your efforts.

Mike
    Originally posted by hall316
    Text to Speech

Wow I forgot about this site. Just so the guy doesn't get bombarded with make this for me and what not, you can click on the above link and make it say whatever you want. Yes, it's a computer voice, but it's funny to make it say whatever you want. You can save it in a wav file.
    That's awesome. Thanks for posting the link!
    Originally posted by olavf
    How 'bout preceding the voice with the old 3-tone chime from the early NBC (radio?) days. That'd be cool.
    This is a cool idea ... with some type of tone would be neat as well.

Don't take this the wrong way, but a female voice would be a nice touch for those of us who may get a bit creeped out because HAL was there.

Maybe Jeanie (from I Dream of Jeanie) could say something like ... "Master, you have an incoming call."

Thanks again for all yor work, Rob.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast