Okay, so I found mSafe, which lets me lock the Treo 600 remotely, in case I lose it... a very nice app from the mLights people.

What I really need, though, is an application that will set off a "find me" locator sound, maximum volume, no matter what audio-mode the Treo is in.

Basically I want to be able to send my Treo an SMS message, containing something like "find me <password>" and have it beep every 2-3 seconds at maximum volume, overriding the silent mode.

Anyone know if such a beast exists? I'm tired of misplacing my phone in Silent mode around the house.
    I guess you're not the atypical Treo owner. My Treo has never left my side - someone told me it was an appendage. I don't remember a time that I was separated from it, even my old 300.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I tend to put it down at home, and just forget where I put it. In public places, it's glued to me.
    I was actually trying to look for something like this, but not for my Treo, but for my wallet, which I tend to misplace once in a while. If there's such a thing, that's thin and shaped like a credit card, and all I have to do is whistle or press a button to make it alert, that would be sweet. I can put one in my wallet and one in my Piel Frama case.
    Originally posted by jmat
    [...]Basically I want to be able to send my Treo an SMS message, containing something like "find me <password>" and have it beep every 2-3 seconds at maximum volume, overriding the silent mode.
    [...]
    Sounds like a great application ... I'd buy it. As it stands now I dial my Treo to make it ring (or vibrate) but this would be a much better solution.
    I can only assume there's no way to do it. Everything I've read about the Treo says that if the physical switch is on Sound Mode Off, there is no physical way it will send sound to the speaker.

And if you look at Sound Preferences you see that there is no option for sound in this mode.
    Hmm.. it can't be a physical switch to the speaker, since the speakerphone still works when the switch is flipped to Silent.

But I bet you're right -- it probably flips some circuit inside there that isn't software controllable.. it would make sense: that way nothing can override it and make noise when you're not expecting it.

Oh well; it was a neat idea.
    The closest I've seen to what you're looking for (I think) is various keychain alert mechanisms. A quick google search came up with this one, I'm sure there are many others that probably vary in size/features/price.