Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have the Sprint T600 and a Jabra 2.5mm univeral wind-up earbud. Been using this earbud for 2 months. All of a sudden, last night my girlfriend said muffling sound was coming from my earbud. After messing around a bit, I confirmed an issue.

Today I've noticed if the earbud is plugged in, and the phone rings, the ringtone plays only through the earbud! Kinda like some threads I've read about a steareo headset being plugged in.

WTF? I've been searching threads for an hour... Anyone know this issue? Phone/jack issue or earbud issue? When I get home, I'm going to plug-in that junk the t600 came with and see what happens. Sprint is SO difficult to work w/, I'm kinda hoping I have to drop another $25 bucks on a new earbud.

THanks!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Every freakin' sound the phone makes is going through the earbud!

Could it be because (according to handspring's site) the T600 uses the standard 2.5mm plug, But the non-standard 3 ring/pin?

I bought the 2.5mm plug, which almost always comes w/ 2 ring/pin plug...which it did! Could I have blown the jack? Why did everything work so well for 2 months?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    this happened to me with the earpiece that shipped with the treo. I chalked it up to a blown switch on the answer/hangup button.

If I'm not mistaken, temporarily flipping the switch tells the treo it's a button. If the switch gets blown in the 'on' position the treo thinks it's a stereo headset.

I had to replace my headset when this happened b/c it was using the built-in mic on the treo and not the headset.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    looks like it's my earbud. the bud that came w/ the phone works properly. none-the-less, I bet money thr treo is overly sensitive to levels of omhs. thanks for thr reply, and consulation.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I agree about the sensitivity. It's probably a switch in the software that is set too close. But in defense, it is probably an inherent problem to dual-function jacks.

If your headset is less than a year old, I think jabra has a warentee.