Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am using the treo 600 for many purposes but one critical one for me is as a pager. As such I am trying to find a holster that will hold the phone on my belt. I would prefer the hard plastic type like those for pagers. I find this type the easiest to take the phone in and out of. I can readily see the display and use the phone without opening any other flaps like those of the leather type. I have read many post on this forum about various leather cases but still not impressed that they will meet my needs. I have read bad reviews about the belt clip made by Seidio at this web address: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=SHLHSTR600. I have recently come across another belt clip made by Pacific Rim at this web site: http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...products_id=62

Neither company has them in stock. I am wondering if anybody has any personal experience with the case by Pacific Rim. I have never seen it mentioned here before. Thanks
    I am using one from Rhino Skin
    http://www.saunders-usa.com/rhinoski...1&prod_id=5113
    http://www.saunders-usa.com/images/00293.gif

I have the small one. In the main pouch it holds my Treo 600 & a Jabera Ear set (No boom). In the small pouch I have some buisness cards. And currentlty the zipper pouch is empty. (It would be the perfect place for a 2nd, 3rd memory card.
    Last edited by Tavisjohn; 02/10/2004 at 10:00 PM.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Zopit
    I am wondering if anybody has any personal experience with the case by Pacific Rim. I have never seen it mentioned here before. Thanks
    I've never seen it before either but it looks pretty cool. I'm sending them a note now asking them about availiability. I'll let you know what they say.
  4.    #4  
    They just sent me a reply stating that they may have this available by March 1. If you order now they will bill you for it now not when it ships. Anybody have experience with this company in general. Do they make good products?
    Originally posted by Zopit
    They just sent me a reply stating that they may have this available by March 1. If you order now they will bill you for it now not when it ships. Anybody have experience with this company in general. Do they make good products?
    I think I'll be waiting until I see 'available' on their website. This forum is littered with ticked off people that advance order only to see the delivery date get continually pushed out. Plus any company that charges now for a product that 'may' be available in March has my unibrow raised.
    What is going on with these companies not selling hard plastic belt clip cases for the Treo 600? Those that claim to sell a plastic case do not ever have it in stock! It seems to me that every other phone on the market has a plastic case available except this one. Someone needs to get on the ball because there is some money to be made in this area.
    I noticed the Seidio HEADSET/HEADPHONES got some very negative reviews from buyers.

The Pacific Rim clip looks very cool, and a belt clip/holster like the RIM Phone has would definitely work best for me, although I would prefer that the screen face in to protect it.
    Originally posted by slushy
    What is going on with these companies not selling hard plastic belt clip cases for the Treo 600? Those that claim to sell a plastic case do not ever have it in stock! It seems to me that every other phone on the market has a plastic case available except this one. Someone needs to get on the ball because there is some money to be made in this area.
    I totally agree. I can't understand why someone hasn't created one. The only one I've seen is the Seidio one and 1) it's not available yet 2) it's $28. There is no way I'm paying close to $30 for a plastic case...$15 max.
    Now the one from Pacific Rim I would consider buying in a heartbeat.....but come on now, I'm a woman....what woman is going to give her money away....then wait?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I want to know why Handspring coudn't have put a belt clip on the standard slip case that comes with the Treo. At $600, (and even 3-400) they are making a killing on the margins. Would it really cost that much to make the standard case at least usable?

But I don't blame them totally. Apple has sold a lot of ipods made of chrome and polycarbonate with no case at all!
    The Pacific Rim holster looks pretty cool. I like how it has a keyboard cover that can be flipped down. But unlike the Seidio holster, it doesn't seem to have a hole for the headphone jack. I like to use a headset while it's clipped to my belt.
  12.    #12  
    By the way they charge $10 for shipping bring the cost to $40 for the belt clip. They also make a metal case with a belt clip. They only have one photo of this so it is hard to say how it works. Still want to know if anybody has any experience with this company.
    I read a post on SprintUsers about someone that contacted ProClips about creating a plastic holster for the I-500.

Here's a picture of it. http://w3.easytrade.net/images/image.php?id=1219302

I've contacted them to see if they will consider making one for the 600.

I'll let you know what they say.
    I am using the Belking holster created for the Samsung N400. For details, read this this thread.

It may be leather based, but so far I am happy with it.

By far, the best holster I ever had was on my Kyocera 7135. The top clip held it in very securely and it had a thumb tab that let me easily insert/release the phone. I wish we had one like that...
    Originally posted by webslappy
    I read a post on SprintUsers about someone that contacted ProClips about creating a plastic holster for the I-500.

Here's a picture of it. http://w3.easytrade.net/images/image.php?id=1219302

I've contacted them to see if they will consider making one for the 600.

I'll let you know what they say.
    Hey great news. I heard back from ProClips and here's their response:

"We have been considering it but based on your request we have decided to make one similar to the i500 one but with the screen face inward. We are starting the design on Monday so it should be a stock item sometime in the first/second week of March."
    any idea about how much it would cost? i'm hoping its not gonna be any more than $20...

joe
    Long live the TWIT army!

MKast Wireless
    the pacific rim one looks pretty money - when did we hear they might have it in stock (or did we)??
    the pacific rim one looks pretty money - when did we hear they might have it in stock (or did we)??
    I've got a proclip setup in my car, and think it's great. This is very good news.

ijoe: The one for the I500 is $25. Ours would probably be similar.

zilla: Your answer is in the 4th post in this thread. And you really only need to ask once.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast