1.    #1  
    I sent a business executive at Verizon the Treo 610 rumor thread from this site to let him know of my interest and he replied back that he saw one. I spoke with this person and askedwhich carrier he had seen. He told me that a large group of reps from Verizon were shown a presentation of the Treo and a demo model was presented. Very little information was given out but they were told that with the Kyocera 7135 out of circulation that the Treo 600/610 was being pushed for a quick release. So I asked the million dollar question, When? I was told 2nd quarter Nothing more specific. I also asked specific questions about which Treo model and again I was given little information. The presentation was very general. I have been excited about the Treo 600/610 rumor on Verizon and it is finally good to hear some confirmation that this PDA/Phone is coming to Verizon. Now we need confirmation when it clears testing.

Maybe we all need to put a little more belief in the posts that mykbol posted here.
    Thanks for sharing your info. I am at the other end of your state up in Sandpoint also waiting for Verizon to carry the Treo 600. They have by far the best coverage up here. Currently I have a sidekick on T-Mobile. It works great but coverage is only in town and along highways and interestingly up on the ski hill.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by mwelp
    Thanks for sharing your info. I am at the other end of your state up in Sandpoint also waiting for Verizon to carry the Treo 600. They have by far the best coverage up here. Currently I have a sidekick on T-Mobile. It works great but coverage is only in town and along highways and interestingly up on the ski hill.
    Nice to hear a positive remark. I am waiting patiently for the release of the Treo 600/610 on Verizon. As I said earlier, I hope testing does not take forever but I am being realistic. Coverage with Verizon has been great. I have been with them for 5+ years. They just need to release phones to market in a more timely manner.
    Finally a reason to leave Sprint. I am loyal to Treo, not Sprint. Now if Verizon can match my unlimited wen for $10... but I just signed a new two year contract!! Arghhhh...
    cool, a bunch of Idaho-ans. Heh, a former room-mate of mine lives in sandpoint too. . .

Anyway, Verizon needs to get some better deals on their data plans before I would consider going with them. . . . I'm really enjoying my current plan right now. But if verizon didn't care about me using the phone as a modem, then I would consider switching, that way I wouldn't have to limit my usage!!!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

also in Boise, and my roommate graduated from UofI

BTW, I prefer Sprint's coverage to Verizon's in Idaho Falls/Pocatello area. Also, I haven't had any good experiences with Verizon cust service. My girlfriend hates them and so does my roommate. Besides that, what good is a treo without unlimited data?
    Last edited by leadtrumpetdave; 02/11/2004 at 02:22 AM.