Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I finally got to preorder my T-mobile Treo 600. Now need to decide on a case and order. I love my Krussel case for my 270. Advice? Thanks.

Renee
    There are tons of reviews and opinions on cases over in the accessories forum.

My personal favorite is the Nut-Shell.
    I'm looking for a better one too.

I've tried the Ebay one and its decent, fits well, protects both the screen and the camera BUT the belt clip is flimsy and the case covers the speaker rendering the speakerphone useless. The caller gets an echo but when you take the phone out of the case, the echo goes away.

I've tried the Bellagio case but it really doesn't fit right.

I want to get one that protects the screen, the camera lens, and has a decent swivel clip.
    Lets see I've tried:

Nutshell
    Handspring Side Loading
    Handspring for fitting
    Krusell Form Fitting
    Krusell Side Loading
    Krusell Pouch
    Piel Frama Flip
    Sprint PCS Flip
    Covertec Form Fitting

And I'm waiting to receive a Covertec Horizontal tomorrow. So far I'm torn between the Nutshell and the Krusell Side Loading. I love the Nutshell but since it allows me to use the phone naked I feel the need for egrips. The phone is a tough fit with egrips and this case.

So I've switched to the Krussel side loading, which fits perfeftly with egrips on. My only complaint about it is the clasp can be a little hard to close. I've ordered the Covertec Horizontal in hopes it works with egrips just like the Krusell but has an easier clasp to engage.
  5.    #5  
    My goal is case that fully protects, access via cutouts for all useable parts, swivel belt clip, and room for a credit card or id as in Krussell case for 270. Help!

Renee
    Give this case a look:
    http://www.saunders-usa.com/rhinoski...1&prod_id=5113

I have this in a small, and it works great. It holds my Treo 600 & Jabera headset in the main pouch.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by reneepren
    My goal is case that fully protects, access via cutouts for all useable parts, swivel belt clip, and room for a credit card or id as in Krussell case for 270. Help!

Renee
    With or without plastic covering the screen/keyboard?
    I like the Nutshell, here's a photo of mine:

http://bellspage.textamerica.com/?r=377040

It's also available without the flap; I have a black one that's sans-flap.

No room for anything but the T6, though
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    I used a nutshell for my 300 and now with my 600. You can get it with the credit card holder you requested, but not with cutouts. I highly recommend it. One issue is the spacebar key answering calls, there is an app to fix it. If you do a search through the disscussions you should find it easily. Once i installed the app, i loved it case and the 600!
    By far the best case I've ever seen, and the best design:

www.vajacases.com, the "iVolution" case for the treo600.

**highly recommended**

Looks great, feels great, and even smells great.

Z
    I know this seems so obvious and boring--but so far I like the HS fitted case for the way I use my phone:
    1. I want to keep the phone in the case when I use it--it's too easy to drop the naked phone.
    2. It protects the camera lens better than the Krussel, yet allows it to flip down for photos.
    3. I actually find it the easiest way to type--the soft plastic screen prevents finger tip slippage--I type more accurately than with the plain phone or the Krussell case.
    4. Screen taps are adequate--I primarily use this to check a box and rarely need to slide the stylus on the screen, though it can be done.
    5. The belt clip is OK--it does sit a bit off the belt, but it is the only see-through case with a swivel clip that locks in the horizontal position (so I can bend at the waist--the Krussell freely swivels only).
    6. I do wish the opening for the earbud was a little bigger; and that it has a removable swivel insert on the back, but it's really not that intrusive.

OK, call me a neotraditionalist heretic...
    Neotraditionalist heretic (doing as I am told, that's all.) Hoorah Piel Frama!
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    I use the horizontal one from Handspring. It's cheap (<$20 on ebay) and it works. Doesn't look terrible either. It's no Vaja, but then again, what is?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Much as I like Vaja (design's great!) and Piel Frama (I replaced this one with the Covertec.), I'm currently using the Covertec and like it best.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
  15. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm very satisfied with the Piel Frama case.
    I am using the Motorola V100 case for my Treo 600. I used this case for my SideKick for a year and it is still going strong.

I thought the elastic on the sides of the two shell halfs would wear out so I bought two more and put them away. No wear problems so my wife is using one of them for her new Treo 600 and we still have a spare.

I have blue but this site seems to offer all 3 colors: blue, silver and orange for $5.00 or 5 cases for $20.00.

http://cellphones-accessories.com/moorcapofort.html

I bought mine from AWS wireless but they only have orange now and the above site is much cheaper now.

http://www.awswireless.com/store/case_syn9027.html

Just as with the SideKick the V100 case lets me use the earphone plug while the Treo is in the case. And the volume buttons are exposed if you put the Treo in so the screen faces the front. The shell halfs are hard so you do not have to worry about the screen.
    The SD card is covered so you do not have to worry about it popping out.

$5.00 compared to the Covertec $60.00. I'd rather spend the money on other things.

And it fools a lot of people. At the CES show I had several people ask what I had in my V100 case. They saw the ant. stub and thought I had some new Motorola device and were suprised to see the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoTheo
    I know this seems so obvious and boring--but so far I like the HS fitted case for the way I use my phone:
    1. I want to keep the phone in the case when I use it--it's too easy to drop the naked phone.
    2. It protects the camera lens better than the Krussel, yet allows it to flip down for photos.
    3. I actually find it the easiest way to type--the soft plastic screen prevents finger tip slippage--I type more accurately than with the plain phone or the Krussell case.
    4. Screen taps are adequate--I primarily use this to check a box and rarely need to slide the stylus on the screen, though it can be done.
    5. The belt clip is OK--it does sit a bit off the belt, but it is the only see-through case with a swivel clip that locks in the horizontal position (so I can bend at the waist--the Krussell freely swivels only).
    6. I do wish the opening for the earbud was a little bigger; and that it has a removable swivel insert on the back, but it's really not that intrusive.
    Re 3 and 4: I wasn't aware that the soft plastic screen covers the keyboard as well as everything above. Is this really so? Does the stylus on the screen really work? This has been an often mentioned drawback to the HS form fit case.

G.
    Another vote for Piel Frama.
    I'll take the cowskin-ostrich number for 90 euros.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast